Round 12 - Cats v Blues - Friday 6th June - Etihad Stadium

Started by Ringo, June 03, 2014, 07:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on June 06, 2014, 10:57:10 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 06, 2014, 10:53:29 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 06, 2014, 10:45:20 PM
Reckon there will be some serious scaling, scores seem really low.

Both teams scored exactly 1633 total each, so there is a little room for scaling but nothing crazy I would have thought

Fair enough, crappy night for me then. Enright has just about worn out his welcome, sick of his crud.

Enright scaled down to 63

Doing my head in too

Bully

Quote from: Bully on June 06, 2014, 10:57:10 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 06, 2014, 10:53:29 PM
Quote from: Bully on June 06, 2014, 10:45:20 PM
Reckon there will be some serious scaling, scores seem really low.

Both teams scored exactly 1633 total each, so there is a little room for scaling but nothing crazy I would have thought

Fair enough, crappy night for me then. Enright has just about worn out his welcome, sick of his crud.

And he gets 6 points knocked off for good measure. Wish I traded him last week now.  >:(

Noz

GoLions

Ricochet

haha anyone watching Mick's presser? not flowering happy

GoLions

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on June 06, 2014, 11:32:22 PM
haha anyone watching Mick's presser? not flowering happy

Lol he's such a grumpy old prick

Mat0369

Quote from: Frozensage on June 06, 2014, 10:46:49 PM
how about that play on call with hawkin's run up? had their chances to kill the game and didn't take it, no single act of a free kick or umpire call can win or lose you a game.

You know that players are only allowed 30 seconds for a shot on goal right? Hawkins had been taking an eternity so the ump called play on

The umpiring was pretty bad early, but some of the calls late I don't mind, they let it go both ways and they were at least consistent unlike last week which was an absolute joke. Carlton lost tonight because they just couldn't hold on and that was about it, good teams win even with a couple of ishy calls going against them, Carlton are not there yet.

Gibbs played close to his best game for the club tonight, it was a complete game and he did it all. Kicked goals, won the hard ball, did the defensive stuff, for a guy that cops so much crap I think he deserves quite a bit of praise right now. He has been quietly going about his business for the last month and a half and getting the job done week in week out. Last week was probably his worst game in a while and he bounced back with a bang.

Ringo

As has been highlighted some of the umpiring calls were questionable and they put away the whistle for the last 10 minutes.  However the one really dubious call that resulted in a cats Goal was the centre Bounce that went outside the centre circle quite clearly (a recall any day of the week) and favoured Geelong leading to the Kelly goal.

However in saying that we have seen 2 weeks in a row that Carlton can not protect a 2/3 goal lead in the closing stages and maybe this is something that needs working on.

Frankfaust1

Quote from: Ringo on June 07, 2014, 10:45:59 AM
As has been highlighted some of the umpiring calls were questionable and they put away the whistle for the last 10 minutes.  However the one really dubious call that resulted in a cats Goal was the centre Bounce that went outside the centre circle quite clearly (a recall any day of the week) and favoured Geelong leading to the Kelly goal.

However in saying that we have seen 2 weeks in a row that Carlton can not protect a 2/3 goal lead in the closing stages and maybe this is something that needs working on.

Yep Ringo, they haven't been good enough, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a score review on one occasion as well - potentially 2 goals due to umpire inadequacy - I mean what harm could it have done to have the review? Not happy.  :(

Ziplock

I was reading the malthouse showerstorm (as well as some umpiring comments).

To me, the shanked centre bounce was the worst late game factor... the umpire didn't have visual contact for the menzel situation, and I'm little confused over the runner incident... did that happen while play was stopped? Because that's how I've been reading it... in which case, while the umpires might have been able to pay a free, I think it was definitely the right call not to.