Round 11 - Essendon vs Richmond - Saturday 31st May - MCG

Started by Hellopplz, May 27, 2014, 09:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: FactHunt on June 01, 2014, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on June 01, 2014, 12:21:32 PM
What a shower performance, our season is well and truly cooked now.
Quite funny to see Bomber flogs boo Jroo, he's 1000x better than all their forwards put together, also funny how they think Fletch is the best player to ever player.
Brendon Floggard played well, but surely Howlett deserved the medal.
Hurely out was great for the Bombers, it meant Carlisle could go down back, where he belongs.
Anyway, Miles better get a game next week, I think I heard he was BOG in the VFL again.

Thought BJ was good, but Howlett stiff to miss the medal on return.
I think the Bomber fans just liked giving Jroo a bit of stick on an off night, nothing too unexpected or malicious... everyone knows that he can play- it's just a bit of fun and part of the game.
P.S. Fletch is an icon of the game mate, and great to see him slip forward and kick the first one on very B grade defence on the night!  ;D
Yeah, to be fair though it's not only Essendon fans that give it Jroo, other teams do too.
There's no doubting our defence was terrible.

FactHunt

Quote from: JROO8 on June 01, 2014, 12:52:48 PM
Quite funny to see Bomber flogs boo Jroo, he's 1000x better than all their forwards put together, also funny how they think Fletch is the best player to ever player.
Hurely out was great for the Bombers, it meant Carlisle could go down back, where he belongs.
Anyway, Miles better get a game next week, I think I heard he was BOG in the VFL again.

I think the Bomber fans just liked giving Jroo a bit of stick on an off night, nothing too unexpected or malicious... everyone knows that he can play- it's just a bit of fun and part of the game.
P.S. Fletch is an icon of the game mate, and great to see him slip forward and kick the first one on very B grade defence on the night!  ;D
Yeah, to be fair though it's not only Essendon fans that give it Jroo, other teams do too.
It's all good mate, I feel your frustration.
And you're quite right anyway, before the 15 goals we kicked in last nights game, our goal totals the last 6 weeks have been terrible: 9,9,10,8,9,9... hardly match winning stuff!

Nige

If anyone is interested, I've posted some of the Richmond VFL Dreamtime game summary and bolded the AFL lised Tigers and their stats/contributions in the Richmond discussion thread in the Richmond board.

kilbluff1985

Howlett and Fletch were better then BJ imo maybe if BJ kicked those 2 goals but he didn't

imo

Howlett > Fletch > BJ > Watson

FactHunt

Quote from: NigeyS on June 01, 2014, 01:01:55 PM
If anyone is interested, I've posted some of the Richmond VFL Dreamtime game summary and bolded the AFL lised Tigers and their stats/contributions in the Richmond discussion thread in the Richmond board.

nice one NigeyS, will take a look  :)

shaker

Think peoples thoughts about Hardwick will have changed by then end of this season , North , Freo , Swans next 3 games could get very ugly , he is in his 5th year not his 2nd there recruiting of all these rejects from other clubs instead of youth has backfired big time , it's not like we have all our guns injured that team last night was as good as it gets apart from maybe Vlastuin , the writing is on the wall , wake up and smell the roses , lipstick on a pig all echo where they are at .
That effort last night was unacceptable from both the coach and the players .

Jroo

Quote from: FactHunt on June 01, 2014, 12:58:56 PM

And you're quite right anyway, before the 15 goals we kicked in last nights game, our goal totals the last 6 weeks have been terrible: 9,9,10,8,9,9... hardly match winning stuff!
Spot on, you're forward line has struggled this year and to be smashed by them hurts. Carlisle needs to stay down back.

FactHunt

Quote from: JROO8 on June 01, 2014, 01:06:37 PM
Quote from: FactHunt on June 01, 2014, 12:58:56 PM
It was 3 important ins for us last night in Howlett, Chappy + Winda (mind you I expected the latter 2 to do the damage on the scoreboard, not Benny!)

Spot on, you're forward line has struggled this year and to be smashed by them hurts. Carlisle needs to stay down back.

Nige

Quote from: shaker on June 01, 2014, 01:05:07 PM
Think peoples thoughts about Hardwick will have changed by then end of this season , North , Freo , Swans next 3 games could get very ugly , he is in his 5th year not his 2nd there recruiting of all these rejects from other clubs instead of youth has backfired big time , it's not like we have all our guns injured that team last night was as good as it gets apart from maybe Vlastuin , the writing is on the wall , wake up and smell the roses , lipstick on a pig all echo where they are at .
Sorry mate, I disagree.

Hardwick's under pressure, I agree. However, I'm a believer that there is only so much the coach can do. The players have to do their bit and at least half of the 22 that played last night definitely were not pulling their weight. It's quite clear that a lot of them overachieved last year, and some have seemingly gone backwards this year and can't get anywhere close to the heights they achieved. Cotch is trying his heart out, but he's getting little to no support from guys that are supposed to be leaders of the club. Chaplin's a shell of the player he was last year, Lids was injured and hasn't been playing his best since, Ivan played his first game after a long lay off, when he's up and about - the team is, Vickery hasn't stepped up to the level we all thought he was going to and there are a lot of others who have been making basic skill errors that are proving very costly.

If we sack Dimma, where do we go from there? It sets us back even further. We'd have to play out the year under a caretaker and that's not going to help the boys seeing the coach that brought them this far be turfed. Then next year is another year wasted as it will probably take the boys a while to get used to a new coach. We're also missing the influence of guys like Wayne Campbell and Justin Leppitsch who were great assistants. I don't think Dimma's doing a horrible job, and getting rid of him definitely isn't the solution.

shaker

Quote from: NigeyS on June 01, 2014, 01:19:15 PM
Quote from: shaker on June 01, 2014, 01:05:07 PM
Sorry mate, I disagree.

Hardwick's under pressure, I agree. However, I'm a believer that there is only so much the coach can do. The players have to do their bit and at least half of the 22 that played last night definitely were not pulling their weight. It's quite clear that a lot of them overachieved last year, and some have seemingly gone backwards this year and can't get anywhere close to the heights they achieved. Cotch is trying his heart out, but he's getting little to no support from guys that are supposed to be leaders of the club. Chaplin's a shell of the player he was last year, Lids was injured and hasn't been playing his best since, Ivan played his first game after a long lay off, when he's up and about - the team is, Vickery hasn't stepped up to the level we all thought he was going to and there are a lot of others who have been making basic skill errors that are proving very costly.

If we sack Dimma, where do we go from there? It sets us back even further. We'd have to play out the year under a caretaker and that's not going to help the boys seeing the coach that brought them this far be turfed. Then next year is another year wasted as it will probably take the boys a while to get used to a new coach. We're also missing the influence of guys like Wayne Campbell and Justin Leppitsch who were great assistants. I don't think Dimma's doing a horrible job, and getting rid of him definitely isn't the solution.

Look we both are Tiger guys hell I was born in Richmond and sacking him this year or now I agree is not going to help but good coaches get players to play for them look at the Dee's and Port both coaches got vast improvement in there 1st year
took Hardwick 3 to 4 and now they have gone backwards , to let the Bombers players just play unattended for most of the game is a coaching problem , if he told them to man up and they didn't is again his problem his coaching style is failing , anyway let's see how both him and the players respond but it's not looking great

GoLions

Didn't see the game. Were the Tiges awful? Bombers really good? Both?

BJ made a solid debut for Dave's Legends this week :D

Nige

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 01, 2014, 02:26:42 PM
Didn't see the game. Were the Tiges awful? Bombers really good? Both?

BJ made a solid debut for Dave's Legends this week :D
Essendon were okay, Tigers were horrendous.

Bones Bombers

I think playing 2 rucks in Ivan and Hampster was a problem last night even though we have Ryder and Belly. Can't see Hampster playing too much for the rest of this year. Subbed out again.
Griffiths played poorly as a pure forward, better when he does a bit of ruck work. I don't go much on Tyrone but he might come back in. I would like to see Aaron Edwards get more of a chance, solid player who can take a good mark and should be a bit more agile. Don't know if he's available though.

Nige

Az Edwards kicked 4 on the weekend and racked up 20-odd touches.

Noz