Round 11 - Brisbane Vs Carlton - Saturday 31st May - Gabba

Started by Hellopplz, May 27, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

I always believed bad umpiring decisions make up 2-3 of the free kick count and that if you lost the free kick count it simply means your team was second to the ball all day.

Jroo

I hope Brisbane win, but Blues should be too strong. Carlton by 10.

GoLions

I still haven't gotten over that flowering umpiring decision in Brisbane/Geelong rd23 last year when Chappy should've been pinged for HTB :P

AaronKirk

Tipping Carlton to win by 6 goals. Hoping Brisbane show something.

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on May 28, 2014, 09:58:17 AM
Quote from: Vinny on May 28, 2014, 09:37:39 AM
The free count kick does not need to be equal for the game to be fair Ringo.
Agree but is when some of them are finally paid and influence the game that irks me. Will use last weeks free to Grundy against West Coast as the example following that Goal West Coasts momentum was stopped. That is what really irritates me with umps when a call changes the game.  If the dubious free kicks result in goals that is when it is not fair Vinny especially if not paid at other end. On the weekend game I attended Kennedy should have had at least 3 0r 4 definite frees but got none compared to what Cloke and Grundy got.
From my obseravations over a number of years really believe non Victorian teams get the raw deal from umpires.  Even in out Premiership years we lost the majority of free kick counts.

Oh my god don't start me :P

Blues by 15 but Rocky to defy recent history and get of the leash (hope I'm wrong).

Ringo

Looks like being a little wet in Brisbane today so be wary if margin betting. Just showers though,

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ringo on May 31, 2014, 07:28:52 AM
Looks like being a little wet in Brisbane today so be wary if margin betting. Just showers though,

Hard to pick a margin with Carlton anyway

Ringo

Anyone hoping for cutler to be a late inclusion can forget it as he is playing in the NEAFL against Suns - and starring with 18 touches and 2 goals at half time.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on May 31, 2014, 01:31:27 PM
Anyone hoping for cutler to be a late inclusion can forget it as he is playing in the NEAFL against Suns - and starring with 18 touches and 2 goals at half time.

Bloody hell. Confirmed donut for me, but that form better get him back into the side next week!

GM

What about Robertson?
Was playing well , then started Sub now dropped ::)
A bit harsh on the lad imo.

Ringo

Still building his strength and body GM - With injuries to Rich and Beams we needed a contested ball winner and whilst Robbo has been good in this area he is starting to show signs of the intensity.  Remember he is still only 18 turns 19 in a couple of weeks.

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 31, 2014, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 31, 2014, 01:31:27 PM

Bloody hell. Confirmed donut for me, but that form better get him back into the side next week!

That confirms it for me, out Langford and I'll hold onto Cutler.

AaronKirk

O'Brien (Brisbane) and Garlett (Carlton) subs.

Jroo

No surprises here
@AFL: #AFLLionsBlues - No changes. Subs: Zac O'Brien (@brisbanelions) and Jeff Garlett (@CarltonFC)

Mat0369

Carlton should win this. Waite will kick at least 4 today