Round 11 - Brisbane Vs Carlton - Saturday 31st May - Gabba

Started by Hellopplz, May 27, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Well maybe you can explain why after 11 rounds The Top 7 teams for frees against are all interstate teams.  Do not believe there is a conspiracy but just seems odd at this stage of the season.

Vinny

nrich102

Quote from: Vinny on June 03, 2014, 07:02:42 PM
You clearly thinks it's conspiracy Ringo. :P
Of course it's a conspiracy. Everyone knows the AFL love the Victoria teams.

jamfrank

Quote from: nrich102 on June 03, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
Quote from: Vinny on June 03, 2014, 07:02:42 PM
You clearly thinks it's conspiracy Ringo. :P
Of course it's a conspiracy. Everyone knows the AFL love the Victoria teams.

Seeing as majority of games get played in Victoria, wouldn't be suprised if this fact is due to umpires giving "crowd pleasing" free kicks away. Not accusing them of doing it on purpose, but they call a footy crowd the 19th man for a reason.

Ricochet

Ringo I don't really understand your point about Brissie not winning free kick counts? So far this year you have won the Frees For in Rounds 2, 6 and 8. It was equal in Round 3 and you lost it by one free kick in Round 4. And considering the games that Brissie lost the free kick count in were all beltings of 43pts or more except one game (being last wkend), it says more about Brissie than umpires favouring the oppo. Also so far this year Brissie have the 3rd most in the free kick totals. Like I understand frustration with umpires sometimes but its hardly a conspiracy.

Ringo

I have not said it has been a conspiracy you guys are making that out from my comments. My main beef and I have been consistent with this and only use the free kick count to back up arguments is inconsistency of umpiring and we see it every week but it seems to be interstate teams on the receiving end and no not a conspiracy but an observation. And to illustrate the point I thought the Pies got a number of favourable decisions over the Eagles at the match I attended at the G.

In the last 15 years (I have been going to football for 25 years) I have been watching football these inconsistencies have gotten worse when with all the help umpires have these days you would expect it to be going forward.  IMO game has actually gone backwards with the introduction of extra umpires.

Vinny

you saying that interstate teams are getting hard done by intentionally obviously means you reckon it's a conspiracy. You are deluded man

LF

Quote from: Vinny on June 04, 2014, 04:20:43 PM
you saying that interstate teams are getting hard done by intentionally obviously means you reckon it's a conspiracy. You are deluded man

How about you show a bit of respect to someone that is a lot older than you are.

Grazz

Quote from: Vinny on June 04, 2014, 04:20:43 PM

No i dont think he's saying that at all, i think Ringo is simply making an observation nothing more. Other's are turning it into something the comment wasn't intended to be. Does seem a little odd that it's the 7 interstate side's leading the pack i must admit.

Ricochet

Its not just this game though. Your a great bloke Ringo, but its like the umpires get blamed every week. They're not out to get Brissie.

And just to clarify, going off the AFL website.

Top 10 Frees For
Carlton
Melb
Brisbane
Richmond
GC
Bullies
WCE
Adelaide
North
GWS

Top 10 Frees Against
Brissie
Gold Coast
GWS
Bulldogs
Fremantle
Port
Sydney
Richmond
Collingwood
Melbourne

Vinny

I'm not having a go at Ringo or anything. He is a good guy and I appreciate everything he does and he knows that. Doesn't mean I can't have a debate with him LF. I'm just trying to say that umpires aren't just out there to target one team and that would be ridiculous.

LF

Quote from: Vinny on June 04, 2014, 05:13:19 PM
I'm not having a go at Ringo or anything. He is a good guy and I appreciate everything he does and he knows that. Doesn't mean I can't have a debate with him LF. I'm just trying to say that umpires aren't just out there to target one team and that would be ridiculous.

I`m not saying you can`t debate with him just continuously calling someone deluded is not very respectful tbh.

Vinny

Quote from: luvfooty on June 04, 2014, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: Vinny on June 04, 2014, 05:13:19 PM

I`m not saying you can`t debate with him just continuously calling someone deluded is not very respectful tbh.
Oh come on, haha. Sorry if it came out like that I don't mean to say he knows nothing. He obviously knows way more than I do but I'll stand by what I've said.

JBs-Hawks

If you are first to the ball you are more likely to win a free then give one away ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 04, 2014, 05:21:36 PM
If you are first to the ball you are more likely to win a free then give one away ;)
Exactly.

Also the 4 clubs that give away the most free kicks are some of the most inexperienced clubs in the comp.