Round 11 - Brisbane Vs Carlton - Saturday 31st May - Gabba

Started by Hellopplz, May 27, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 31, 2014, 07:36:42 PM
Any day Carlton lose is a happy day.
as spoken by a true bomber supporter.  it warms my heart to see carlton in trouble  ;D

nrich102

Lions ;D

Anyone know how serious Wests injury was? If he misses next week, dare I say it, my boy Sammy Michael should get a run :).

tbagrocks

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 31, 2014, 07:41:13 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on May 31, 2014, 07:39:36 PM
Anyone put the C or VC on Rocky?
My captain is Kurt Aylett :o
Actually do need to brag here :P

SC Captain was GAJ now Aylett, Rockliff VC
AF VC is GAJ
AF Captain was Tommy Rockliff 8)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: nrich102 on May 31, 2014, 07:52:44 PM
Lions ;D

Anyone know how serious Wests injury was? If he misses next week, dare I say it, my boy Sammy Michael should get a run :).

Voss reckons its an ACL and it looked like it

He said Lisle or even Archie Smith would get a run in the ruck

Ringo

Just back from the game and reading the comments -

Umpiring was Crap and Carlton won the Free kick count as well so yes I can complain because we won. Would have really been upset if we lost by less than 12 points due to disgraceful umpiring decisions. 

Game was a little scrappy mainly due to the greasy surface from the occasional shower.  That contributed to the poor handling at times.

Disposal from both teams left a bit to be desired and if Carlton are to be a top 8 side they really need to improve in this area. Do not know why Carlton continually make Garlett the sub surely you need his speed from the start. (Will he look elsewhere if he continues to be the sub.)

For my Lions Rockliff was outstanding in the last 2 quarters - was well held by carrots early. O'Brien looked good and will probably hold his place in the team.  Beams continues to work his way back. Reddan was his usual self and Patfull undoubtedly had his best game of the season.  Mayes and Paparone both continue to show development. Green could have had 5.0 instead of 2.3 if he had steadied a little more.

Nails

::) @ those saying "yet to win a game in Australia"

How many teams have won an AFL game in 2 different countries this year?  8)

nrich102

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 31, 2014, 08:20:08 PM
Lions ;D

Thanks.

I don't think Archie is quite ready for AFL action yet, but would love to see him play. Lisle can pinch hit, but would rather see Michael jumping most of the time.

Ringo

Agree Archie has only played a handful of AFL Games and whilst developing nicely still not ready for AFL Level.  may get some games towards end of season though if both Berger and West are still out.  Both Smith and Michael though have to be elevated off the rookie list.

As much as I hate to say it we also have Stefan Martin who can be called on as well.  Think we need a ruckman rather that a pinch hitter like Merrett and Lisle.

strikes91

Lions ;D

Stefan Martin will probably get first crack

AaronKirk

Quote from: Ringo on May 31, 2014, 08:54:41 PM
Agree Archie has only played a handful of AFL Games and whilst developing nicely still not ready for AFL Level.  may get some games towards end of season though if both Berger and West are still out.  Both Smith and Michael though have to be elevated off the rookie list.

As much as I hate to say it we also have Stefan Martin who can be called on as well.  Think we need a ruckman rather that a pinch hitter like Merrett and Lisle.

I hope its Archie. My floating ruck donut could make some cash.

GoLions

Quote from: Jukes on May 31, 2014, 07:32:29 PM
Robbie Warnock is a flowering gun, best ruckman in the league. 54 hitouts, probably 48 to advantage.
Sarcasm?

Capper

Great gutsy win by the Lions.

How many heads will roll at years end for the blues

nrich102

Quote from: strikes91 on May 31, 2014, 11:03:15 PM
Lions ;D

Stefan Martin will probably get first crack
Isnt he injured?? Dont really like Martin  :-X

Ringo

Martin has had 2 games in the reserves - Leppas pressie siad Martin the onbvious choice but heart would love to make an 8th debutant for Lions in Archie,

Think the effort of the defenders yesterday not getting the attention they deserve. With Warnock dominating the hit outs (70  - 16) and ball coming into the forward 50 at a consistent rate (Inside 50 60 - 49) our defenders continued to repel the attacks and set up our own.  Pity CD does not recognise these efforts.  Patfull was outstanding in this regard yet gets rewarded with only 80 sc points.

Jroo

I missed the second half as I was at the other game.
Rockliff and Murphy, you guys are awesome.
Good to see ZOB scoring well, I will definitely be trading him in in two weeks.