Round 11 - Brisbane Vs Carlton - Saturday 31st May - Gabba

Started by Hellopplz, May 27, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Carlton pulling off a narrow victory against Crows last round and now come against the Lions who they SHOULD beat, but Lions at home.... I'm pulling for Lions to get up :-X.

RaisyDaisy

Would love to see the Lions get their second win of the year, but Blues should get up

Vinny

We should get up, but I'm slightly nervous, no idea why.

Blues by 21.

Justin Bieber

It's the upset wins over Bombers and Cats recent years which always makes things nervous against the Lions. They probably won't win, but you just can never be too sure anymore :P.

Rocky and Patful I think may be coming back this week!

Jackross10

Expecting the blues but closer than most think. 13 points

GoLions

Rocky and Patfull back, McGrath a chance as well to add some more experience and a better option up forward

Reckon it'll be a really close game

Nige

Maybe... just maybe at the Gabba. Lions to sneak home by under a goal.  :o

kilbluff1985

Ricochet

JBs-Hawks

Nails

Bill Manspeaker

really want to tip the Lions, buuut think Carlton will win. 20 points or so

Ringo

Thanks HP for starting the threads for this week.

Hopefully my op today goes well so that I can be at the ground to see the Lions send the Blues back to Melbourne with tail between their legs.

Trust the Blues do not get the customary assistance from the men in green.  We have not won a free kick account against Blues for years.

Apart from Rocky and Patful to come back Mayes who is taking over Daniel Rich's role is also back after concussion as well.

With the rest of the bye and ins picking Lions by 10 points.

Vinny

The free count kick does not need to be equal for the game to be fair Ringo.

Ringo

Quote from: Vinny on May 28, 2014, 09:37:39 AM
The free count kick does not need to be equal for the game to be fair Ringo.
Agree but is when some of them are finally paid and influence the game that irks me. Will use last weeks free to Grundy against West Coast as the example following that Goal West Coasts momentum was stopped. That is what really irritates me with umps when a call changes the game.  If the dubious free kicks result in goals that is when it is not fair Vinny especially if not paid at other end. On the weekend game I attended Kennedy should have had at least 3 0r 4 definite frees but got none compared to what Cloke and Grundy got.
From my obseravations over a number of years really believe non Victorian teams get the raw deal from umpires.  Even in out Premiership years we lost the majority of free kick counts.