Round 10 - Port v Hawks - Saturday 24th May - Adelaide Oval.

Started by Ringo, May 19, 2014, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Another class clash here.  Port are now on the Top of the ladder and will they be able to pluck the Hawks on their home ground?

LF

This is a tough one to pick
Hawks will be looking to make up for their very poor performance against the Swans before the bye
Port have beaten both Geelong and Fremantle so far this year so will be looking for a win against a highly touted team like the Hawks.
If the Hawks can get a few of their best team back in this week then I can see them winning but if they don`t then I think Port can beat them.

kilbluff1985

Port at AO and with Hawks injuries have to tip Port

lots will come down to how they each approach the game mentally since they are coming off a bye but Port should win

JBs-Hawks

Dont think our performance against the swans was that poor we were just undermanned :P

But we dont often lose two in a row so hopefully Hodgey is back and we get up.

TomK

Nige

Match of the round without a doubt.

Flip a coin here. The Power at the Portress.  ;)

AaronKirk

Port to win in a fizzer. Game won't match the hype IMO. With Cyril, Roughy, Lake, Mitchell and Gibson out I cannot see Hawthorn winning.

With Hodge potentially missing again there is 6 of Hawks best players missing, no team can cover that many star players out.

quinny88

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 20, 2014, 12:05:37 AM
Port to win in a fizzer. Game won't match the hype IMO. With Cyril, Roughy, Lake, Mitchell and Gibson out I cannot see Hawthorn winning.

With Hodge potentially missing again there is 6 of Hawks best players missing, no team can cover that many star players out.

This. Think port win this comfortably. Thats too many guns to cover for

RaisyDaisy

Agree, Fizzer. Bad time for the Hawks to run into Port

Mailman the 2nd

Sydney probably would've stomped Hawthorn if Franklin didn't go 0.7, they just have too many injuries to key players all over the ground.

Port to win by 30 - 50

Grazz

Agree, Hawks missing alot of talent which opens the door right up for Port at home.

Jackross10

Ricochet

Man Port have been fairly lucky this year when coming up against big teams.

Hawks with 6 or so of their best out
Freo without McPharlin, Dawson, Ibbotson, Walters
Geelong without Mackie, Motlop, Caddy, Christensen.

They are a good team and should easily roll an undermanned Hawks.

Jroo

Will be a good game, I think the Hawks can bounce back, even though they're undermanned.

GoLions