Round 10 - Pies v Eagles - Saturday 24th May - MCG

Started by Ringo, May 19, 2014, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Bully on May 24, 2014, 07:32:00 PM
Pendles VC locked away, he hit the magic 150.
Cue the "take Pendles 150?" thread(s)...  :P

kilbluff1985

60 point quarter for Pendles

Had Jelwood VC :(

kilbluff1985

Quote from: NigeyS on May 24, 2014, 07:33:29 PM

Flower they annoy me

Money

I'm usually a pretty straight forward Eagles fan admitting when we play shower and not blaming other people (all our losses) but today was different, I don't care what the free kick count was, that last quater umpiring was the worst i've seen in a while, and I'l say it, it  cost us the game....

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 24, 2014, 07:34:58 PM

Flower they annoy me
I might make one even though I VC'd Beams haha, just to get it over and done with :P

Nige

Pendles is a lot like GAJ, they get 50 points for just being Pendles and GAJ.  :P

Quote from: GoLions16 on May 24, 2014, 07:35:46 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 24, 2014, 07:34:58 PM

Flower they annoy me
I might make one even though I VC'd Beams haha, just to get it over and done with :P
One has already been made.

Bully

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 24, 2014, 07:32:28 PM
That 50m penalty for Grundy which resulted in a goal is the single worst umpiring decision of the year.

It robbed West Coast of all their momentum. Cost them the game.

Pendles is a freak. 152 pre-scaling. Lock that in.

Shocking decision, Grundy sucked the umpire in big time. There were some other shockers too, all seemingly against WC, pathetic display all things considered.

Ringo

Just back from the game and from and independent view umpiring was shower in the last quarter and cost Eagles the game. Grubdy millked that penalty for all it was worth and Elliots last goal was the result of throw not called and was right in front of where I was sitting.

Enjoyed the atmosphere for my first homne and away game at the G,

Frankfaust1

Quote from: Ringo on May 24, 2014, 08:31:24 PM
Just back from the game and from and independent view umpiring was shower in the last quarter and cost Eagles the game. Grubdy millked that penalty for all it was worth and Elliots last goal was the result of throw not called and was right in front of where I was sitting.

Cheers Ringo. What did you think of Nic Nat, if you don't mind the question?

Samsturmfels

and west coast weren't??? 19-13 free kicks

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Samsturmfels on May 24, 2014, 09:14:59 PM

and west coast weren't??? 19-13 free kicks

Free kick count doesn't mean anything if you don't know the context of the frees ::)

Ringo

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on May 24, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

Enjoyed the atmosphere for my first home and away game at the G,

Lookeds the best i have seen this season.  Still finds himslef out os position at times. Cost West a goal in the 4th quarter with a bad decision which he does from time to time.  Like the Eagles set up with Cox as well.

Frankfaust1

Quote from: Ringo on May 24, 2014, 09:38:29 PM
Quote from: Frankfaust1 on May 24, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

Enjoyed the atmosphere for my first home and away game at the G,

Lookeds the best i have seen this season.  Still finds himslef out os position at times. Cost West a goal in the 4th quarter with a bad decision which he does from time to time.  Like the Eagles set up with Cox as well.

Thanks Ringo. :)

RaisyDaisy

Just got back from the game

At 3/4 time I said to my mate, a Pies supporter, that they would get up.

We absolutely dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but just couldn't do the most important thing: Get in on the scoreboard

I felt like we were actually robbed and deserved to win the game, but that last qtr.... Pendles and Beams stood up, and argh! I am so showered off that we couldn't finish out the game and get the points