Main Menu

Dom Tyson Appreciation Thread

Started by Big Mac, May 17, 2014, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

I know there's already one of these on the SC boards, but I think he deserves one on the Melbourne board as well. He arrived at the club as part of a deal with GWS for pick 2, with only 13 games under his belt. From the word go he has been an integral part of the Melbourne midfield, averaging 25 disposals excluding his sub game. He's been a big part of why Melbourne has improved so much this year, and I hope he spends the rest of his career with us.

tbagrocks

No matter which comp it is, you'd be a real spud if either

A. You failed to have him

B. You already traded him

:P

Nige

He was certainly an excellent acquisition and he's really shown why, nice job by the Dees recruiting team.

Purple 77

Here here!

When I first heard he was coming to the club, I thought "Oh yeah? Was a top draft pick, remember him being linked to Richmond last year and GWS threatened to go after Cotchin if any deal was to happen... a little unproven though. But I guess Pick 2 would be even more unproven. Sure Melbourne, go for it!"

I sort of expected him to be one of those players that would score SC centuries in like 4-6 games, and maintain an 80 average, you know, what a lot of promising young mids do in their first years.

But my was I wrong.

I never expected for him to be this good so soon! The guy seems so clean in stoppages and his clearance work is fantastic. He sort of reminds me of Pendlebury at times, in the way he moves in stoppages. Obviously a while to go to get to his status, but I truly believe he can be a star. A genuine star. I am so excited about him.

Which is why I was getting furious at "experts" in the media saying Melbourne were stupid to get rid of Pick 2 and miss Josh Kelly. I mean, have they seen Dom Tyson? They also forget that Salem was part of the deal too!

All in all, I think Tyson has exceeded all of our expectations, as he firms to be a dead-right gun.

tbagrocks

Quote from: NigeyS on May 17, 2014, 05:21:51 PM
He was certainly an excellent acquisition and he's really shown why, nice job by the Dees recruiting team.
The best thing though is, yes they traded pick #2 but got back #9

No way will Kelly be that much better than Salem, Salem is a smooth mover anyway which they will need and to get then Tyson in which is a two for one for the Dees :)

Really great recruiting, GWS could learn a few things :P

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 17, 2014, 05:25:12 PM
Here here!

When I first heard he was coming to the club, I thought "Oh yeah? Was a top draft pick, remember him being linked to Richmond last year and GWS threatened to go after Cotchin if any deal was to happen... a little unproven though. But I guess Pick 2 would be even more unproven. Sure Melbourne, go for it!"

I sort of expected him to be one of those players that would score SC centuries in like 4-6 games, and maintain an 80 average, you know, what a lot of promising young mids do in their first years.

But my was I wrong.

I never expected for him to be this good so soon! The guy seems so clean in stoppages and his clearance work is fantastic. He sort of reminds me of Pendlebury at times, in the way he moves in stoppages. Obviously a while to go to get to his status, but I truly believe he can be a star. A genuine star. I am so excited about him.

Which is why I was getting furious at "experts" in the media saying Melbourne were stupid to get rid of Pick 2 and miss Josh Kelly. I mean, have they seen Dom Tyson? They also forget that Salem was part of the deal too!

All in all, I think Tyson has exceeded all of our expectations, as he firms to be a dead-right gun.

Exactly what I think! Maybe if he was a little taller, he'd be even more similar.

MTTY

I also think Viney deserves more praise for how advanced he is in his second year.

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on May 17, 2014, 06:26:49 PM
I also think Viney deserves more praise for how advanced he is in his second year.

I was also going to mention him, been fantastic

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 17, 2014, 06:58:56 PM
Quote from: MTTY on May 17, 2014, 06:26:49 PM

I was also going to mention him, been fantastic

His tackling today, and hardness.  :o

Also thought Howe played out of his skin.

Nige

Don't wanna hijack the thread or anything, or take anything away from Tyson... but I really think Chris Dawes has been quite good so far this season for you guys.

Capper

MTTY

Damian Barrett on Access All Areas (to Gary Lyon): "Hard to make that call when you haven't been to the ground."

This was in reference to Lyon saying that right now, Adelaide Oval is the home of football.

Funnily enough I remember a certain someone criticising Tyson without ever watching him play (Barrett) ....  ::)

Purple 77

Damian Barrett competes with Caroline Wilson as my most unliked AFL "reporters". Barrett slightly better, as he tends to make everyone listen when he goes and talks rubbish.

That man has a vendetta on the Dees, I'm sure. Not sure about how he acts to other teams, but he ticks me off big time.

elephants

Was trying so hard to trade this bloke a couple of weeks back but now he's borderline keeper!

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 19, 2014, 12:42:04 PM
Damian Barrett competes with Caroline Wilson as my most unliked AFL "reporters". Barrett slightly better, as he tends to make everyone listen when he goes and talks rubbish.

That man has a vendetta on the Dees, I'm sure. Not sure about how he acts to other teams, but he ticks me off big time.

Infuriates me too Purple.