Round 9 - Tigers v Demons - Saturday May 17th - MCG

Started by Ringo, May 13, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Toga on May 17, 2014, 06:13:22 PM
Said this in the other thread, Carlscum get flowered you lost to Melbourne only a few weeks ago so don't know how you of all people can laugh. ::)

The difference is I wasn't calling top 4 in the pre-season and saying we had an easy draw, Richmond supporters were. Funny how a couple of weeks back you were all laughing it up, Richmond are 2-5 and just lost to Melbourne, Carlton are 3-6. Carlton have one more win with Richmond having their so called 'easy draw'

So again

Richmond

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 17, 2014, 07:57:12 PM
Said this in the other thread, Carlscum get flowered you lost to Melbourne only a few weeks ago so don't know how you of all people can laugh. ::)

The difference is I wasn't calling top 4 in the pre-season and saying we had an easy draw, Richmond supporters were. Funny how a couple of weeks back you were all laughing it up, Richmond are 2-5 and just lost to Melbourne, Carlton are 3-6. Carlton have one more win with Richmond having their so called 'easy draw'

So again

Richmond

You know that 2-5 and 3-6 are:

1. Both crap
2. Both the same

Vinny

Hahahaha Tiges.

Like Mat said, they were laughing at us a couple weeks ago now they are doing worse.

Anyway we are meant to be shower, they aren't!

;D ;D ;D

Nige

Richmond fans are gutted we're not living up to our potential.

Carlscum fans are content with being shower.

Yep. Vin's words, not mine.  ;)

Noz

I wonder who the last team was to loose to Melbourne twice in the one year?
Giants to beat Richmond next week

Toga

So again

Richmond

Mate, if you look back at all the richmond boards it was supporters of other teams getting off about how easy our draw was, and I know I along with a lot of other Tiger fans were playing down their expectations of us.

We know better than to get ahead of ourselves. Because this is what would happen if we got ahead of ourselves.

Stop talking shower

Noz

Quote from: Toga on May 17, 2014, 10:50:45 PM

So again

Richmond

Mate, if you look back at all the richmond boards it was supporters of other teams getting off about how easy our draw was, and I know I along with a lot of other Tiger fans were playing down their expectations of us.

We know better than to get ahead of ourselves. Because this is what would happen if we got ahead of ourselves.

Stop talking shower

Sorry what?

Every single Richmond fan on here was saying preseason that they have a premiership team and they can finish top 4.

Toga

Me = richmond fan, never said that we were going to finish top 4. I'll admit I expected finals though ;)

Nige

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on March 08, 2014, 09:01:58 AM
Ladder Finish: 5th (Hoping for 4th though)
Finals: Semi Final
B&F: Brandon Ellis - he's gonna go nuts this year.
Leading Goal Kicker: Ty Vickery - we won't focus on Jack as much, and Ty will step up.
Breakout: Shaun Hampson (will have success like Houli, Grigg, Chaplin), Tyrone Vickery (as mentioned above)
Best Recruit: Shaun Hampson - specific need recruitment, will pay dividends.

Quote from: Toga on March 08, 2014, 10:23:38 AM
Ladder finish: 5th
Finals: Semi
B&F: Dustin Martin
Leading goal kicker: Tyrone Vickery
Breakout: Reece Conca
Best recruit: Anthony Miles/Shaun Hampson

Sorry fellas. ;D

Noz

In the words of a brilliant and intelligent man. Bazinga.

GoLions

Technically, they didn't call top 4 though haha

And Toges admitted he expected finals

quinny88

I don't think any Richmond supporters tipped us to finish top 4. Go look at the ladder predictions thread. I tipped us to finish 5th and it's easy now to say that we were "getting ahead of ourselves" but almost every person had us in the top 8 not just Richmond supporters.

I don't think anyone saw this coming. Plenty of people thought we may slide but 3rd bottom after 9 rounds? That's pathetic.
I don't think there's any point sacking the coach like some people are suggesting. He has taken us up the ladder every season and got us half a game outside the top 4 last year. Things aren't clicking this year for whatever reason but form can turn good just as quickly as it can turn bad. Don't need to axe a coach for a poor start to a season.
Imagine Geelong had of sacked bomber Thompson after they missed the finals in 2006

Mat0369

I am pretty sure Noz and Vinny have made my points for me

Mat0369

Also thought I would post this here

Quote from: NigeyS on November 04, 2013, 01:57:11 PM
I genuinely can not work out how some people have us finishing out side the top 6 with our draw. It's that soft...

Gold Coast do have a soft draw