Round 8 - Saints v Blues - Monday May 12th - Etihad

Started by Ringo, May 07, 2014, 10:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Hard to gauge this one Saints after a strong start to the season have been disappointing the last 2 weeks and The Blues after a really shocking start to season starting to improve. Result will depend on which team is the more hungrier.
Why is this game on a Monday night when only 6 games on during the bye?

Nige

Got a feeling the Saints might get up here, but only just.

Ricochet

Bill Manspeaker

we'll win this. we always win this one :P

Saints by 14

AaronKirk

Tipping Carlton to bounce back here. I hope St Kilda will be mentally switched on after the disastrous performance last week.

RaisyDaisy

I hate this being Monday night because SC lockout wont be finished by Sunday  :P

Grazz

Hard for me to pick a winner in this tbh, anything could happen. Leaning towards the Blues but could go either way.

Jroo

The Saints have done well against the Blues and I think they can get up.
Also, watch out, Tom Curren will destroy Murphy.

GoLions

I really want the Saints to win here. However, think the Blues will get up by about 20 points

Mat0369

Saints have got the wood on my mob, they have been pretty poor the past couple of weeks but this is when a team tends to bounce back and surprise you. I noticed Jamo has been named and Watson was also named on the extended bench. What I found interesting with the Watson inclusion is that he injured himself in the VFL last week. He only played 1 qrt before coming off the ground and not participating for the rest of the match. Jamo also had his own injury worries but Carlton need him to play on Roo. Two other big outs are Carrots and Waite. Collingwood literally sat 2 on Hendo all game last week, if the Saints do something similar Carlton might struggle to score again.

Pkbaldy

Saints by 10. With the Draft Trio to destroy it. And hopefully Shenton gets a game

Noz

Quote from: brad on May 08, 2014, 12:20:32 PM
we'll win this. we always win this one :P

Saints by 14

Last 4 monday night games
Carlton by 61
Carlton by 3
Saints by 24
Saints by 9

In saying that Saints will bounce back and win by 20

Bill Manspeaker

don't be bringin no stats into this Noz :P

honestly thought we'd won at least the last 3. well.... we will have after this Monday >:D

TomK

Monday Teams:

St Kilda:
In - Arryn Siposs, Cameron Shenton, Josh Bruce, Luke Dunstan.
Out - Tom Simpkin, Shane Savage, Jarryn Geary, Josh Saunders.

Carlton:
In - David Ellard, Chris Yarran.
Out - Tom Bell, Kane Lucas.

Mat0369

I read Armfield didn't play in the VFL, neither did Watson. Watson had an injury last week but one reason he may also not have played is the injury cloud surrounding Jamo, Dennis would be the insurance for Ellard/Yaz