Round 8 - Eagles v Giants - Sunday May 11th - Pattersons Stadium

Started by Ringo, May 07, 2014, 10:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Toga

Wow 11.0 is huge. Buddy could take a leaf out of JJK's book :P

Ricochet

JJK amazing. He looked as thought he had zero focus on his routine and just focused on kicking the goal... and guess what it worked. Great game by him.

Lecca is in a lot of trouble though.

Ziplock

I wish I could say I was surprised, but honestly I kind of saw a complete thrashing coming this round.

omfg though, you should see the giants fb page. SO many people are blaming playing in canberra the week before for losing.

One person was like- every game after the giants play in canberra they've lost the following week.

why is that surprising?

we've only won like 5 games in 2 and a bit seasons, most games we play we don't win the next one :P

R.Griffen

I feel for GWS, Gold Coast went after mature players to win early games and now the younger ones have the winning mentality. GWS have a better youth coming up (from a Gold Coast supporter) but they need to know how to win which I don't see happening soon!!!

Ziplock

Quote from: R.Griffen on May 12, 2014, 01:10:45 PM
I feel for GWS, Gold Coast went after mature players to win early games and now the younger ones have the winning mentality. GWS have a better youth coming up (from a Gold Coast supporter) but they need to know how to win which I don't see happening soon!!!

Injuries are what's really hurting us atm- most of our depth is in development, so the loss of key players hurts a lot... our backline has been particularly exposed- Davis is obviously injured, while Mohr is still returning from injury. Gilham's also injured and honestly probably would have been pretty useful last week, and we had Haynes go down in the first 5 minutes. With Mumford still out and Cameron unable to fly due to his ear, and Treloar's ankle, We were basically missing 3 of our starting 6 backs in Mohr, Davis, Haynes, our number 1 ruck, our best forward and probably our second best mid.

Even with a full team we probably would have lost, but we would have been a lot more competitive- in contrast west coast were missing Waters.

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 11, 2014, 05:02:44 PM
Seriously LeCras, you first game back and you lay a bump after all the hysteria this week

When are players going to get it, just wrap your arms around and tackle!

Have a feeling it might have been an attempt to protect his arm :-\ A lot less risky to bump rather than tackle four weeks after a second broken arm :(

Quote from: Toga on May 11, 2014, 05:07:03 PM
Cal Ward is a gun, just sayin'

Yep, jet.

Quote from: Vinny on May 11, 2014, 05:22:54 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on May 11, 2014, 05:00:06 PM
Good start JJK, wouldn't mind a bag of 10 today
Not watching the game but is this cause no Sinclair or Lycett?

Largely yes. We've dropped Lycett and bought in a small. This means the small can play up the ground and open up the entire 50 for JJK and occasionally Darling to lead into. Can't believe it took 8 round to work out this was the go...

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 11, 2014, 05:34:51 PM
No he killing it cause it's GWS

They aren't defending particularly well but in this form JJK would kill anybody ;)

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 11, 2014, 05:48:51 PM
Man how did GWS even beat the Swans in round 1. They've gone so far backwards I can't believe it

Missing a lot of their most important players (Davis, Mummy, Treloar, Hampton, Cameron, Mohr...) In fact, looking at that they're missing their two best key backs, their #1 ruck, their accumulating midfielder, their best rebounding defender and their best key forward!

Also a very young team one week before their bye coming off a long trip and brutal travel schedule they were probably pretty spent anyway.

Quote from: Jukes on May 11, 2014, 06:40:21 PM
Are West Coast premiership favourites again?

Well we're currently 100000% better chance of making finals than Injectsendon!

Quote from: Jukes on May 11, 2014, 07:32:06 PM
Where was this against Port+Freo+Cats? Cellar-dweller bully.

Inaccuracy has been his biggest issue. Could have kicked 2-3 against the Dockers which would be a definite pass-mark when playing on one of the best key backs in the game. Should have had at least 3 against the Blues, kicked 1.5 against Port so really could have had another bag if it wasn't for his radar being out.

So if playing against a weaker team magically makes sees your goal conversion go from 17% -> 100% then yes, you're so right! Do you even watch footy or just watch FF scores tick over?

Quote from: Ziplock on May 12, 2014, 12:01:45 PM
I wish I could say I was surprised, but honestly I kind of saw a complete thrashing coming this round.

omfg though, you should see the giants fb page. SO many people are blaming playing in canberra the week before for losing.

One person was like- every game after the giants play in canberra they've lost the following week.

why is that surprising?

we've only won like 5 games in 2 and a bit seasons, most games we play we don't win the next one :P

Haha delusional, still I think considering the outs you blokes had, the travel schedule and the fact this was the last game before the bye means you can probably brush it aside without too much cause for concern!

THE FORWARD LINE ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS INFINITY TIMES BETTER WHEN WE PLAY WITH TWO RUCKS AND LET JJK DO HIS THANG. SINCLAIR AND LYCETT ARE RUCKMEN, NOT FORWARDS. THEY'RE TOO GOOD FOR THE WAFL BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE FIRST TEAM SHOULD SUFFER AND BE UNBALANCED BECAUSE OF THIS.

Almost flawless performance yesterday, wanted to see us crack 200 though :P

Lecca will defs get weeks but I'm looking at it as a positive. He's had a nice little hit-out and he'll probably get a 3 week holiday now with the bye and a couple of weeks off. Rest that arm up champ!

The_Captain

Great work From Kennedy! 11 goals is an awesome achievement !! Almost as good as Lecca's 12 goals against those drug cheats hacks Essendon !!!!!

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on May 12, 2014, 01:31:19 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 11, 2014, 05:02:44 PM
Seriously LeCras, you first game back and you lay a bump after all the hysteria this week

When are players going to get it, just wrap your arms around and tackle!

Have a feeling it might have been an attempt to protect his arm :-\ A lot less risky to bump rather than tackle four weeks after a second broken arm :(

Quote from: Toga on May 11, 2014, 05:07:03 PM
Cal Ward is a gun, just sayin'

Yep, jet.

Quote from: Vinny on May 11, 2014, 05:22:54 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on May 11, 2014, 05:00:06 PM
Good start JJK, wouldn't mind a bag of 10 today
Not watching the game but is this cause no Sinclair or Lycett?

Largely yes. We've dropped Lycett and bought in a small. This means the small can play up the ground and open up the entire 50 for JJK and occasionally Darling to lead into. Can't believe it took 8 round to work out this was the go...

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 11, 2014, 05:34:51 PM
No he killing it cause it's GWS

They aren't defending particularly well but in this form JJK would kill anybody ;)

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 11, 2014, 05:48:51 PM
Man how did GWS even beat the Swans in round 1. They've gone so far backwards I can't believe it

Missing a lot of their most important players (Davis, Mummy, Treloar, Hampton, Cameron, Mohr...) In fact, looking at that they're missing their two best key backs, their #1 ruck, their accumulating midfielder, their best rebounding defender and their best key forward!

Also a very young team one week before their bye coming off a long trip and brutal travel schedule they were probably pretty spent anyway.

Quote from: Jukes on May 11, 2014, 06:40:21 PM
Are West Coast premiership favourites again?

Well we're currently 100000% better chance of making finals than Injectsendon!

Quote from: Jukes on May 11, 2014, 07:32:06 PM
Where was this against Port+Freo+Cats? Cellar-dweller bully.

Inaccuracy has been his biggest issue. Could have kicked 2-3 against the Dockers which would be a definite pass-mark when playing on one of the best key backs in the game. Should have had at least 3 against the Blues, kicked 1.5 against Port so really could have had another bag if it wasn't for his radar being out.

So if playing against a weaker team magically makes sees your goal conversion go from 17% -> 100% then yes, you're so right! Do you even watch footy or just watch FF scores tick over?

Quote from: Ziplock on May 12, 2014, 12:01:45 PM

why is that surprising?

Haha delusional, still I think considering the outs you blokes had, the travel schedule and the fact this was the last game before the bye means you can probably brush it aside without too much cause for concern!

THE FORWARD LINE ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS INFINITY TIMES BETTER WHEN WE PLAY WITH TWO RUCKS AND LET JJK DO HIS THANG. SINCLAIR AND LYCETT ARE RUCKMEN, NOT FORWARDS. THEY'RE TOO GOOD FOR THE WAFL BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE FIRST TEAM SHOULD SUFFER AND BE UNBALANCED BECAUSE OF THIS.

Almost flawless performance yesterday, wanted to see us crack 200 though :P

Lecca will defs get weeks but I'm looking at it as a positive. He's had a nice little hit-out and he'll probably get a 3 week holiday now with the bye and a couple of weeks off. Rest that arm up champ!

Thinking if Viney got off Leca is chance!

#freelecras

Jesty

Wins against Melb, Doggies, Saints and GWS. WC are flying ;D

elephants

Quote from: Jesty on May 12, 2014, 02:30:51 PM
Wins against Melb, Doggies, Saints and GWS. WC are flying ;D

Very funny! ;)

Its the way we did it though man, all those teams have shown they can challenge big teams and with the exception of StKilda we thumped them all.

Jesty

elephants

Toga

Quote from: elephants on May 12, 2014, 01:31:19 PM
Well we're currently 100000% better chance of making finals than Injectsendon!!

Haha this is gold

R.Griffen

Quote from: Ziplock on May 12, 2014, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on May 12, 2014, 01:10:45 PM

Injuries are what's really hurting us atm- most of our depth is in development, so the loss of key players hurts a lot... our backline has been particularly exposed- Davis is obviously injured, while Mohr is still returning from injury. Gilham's also injured and honestly probably would have been pretty useful last week, and we had Haynes go down in the first 5 minutes. With Mumford still out and Cameron unable to fly due to his ear, and Treloar's ankle, We were basically missing 3 of our starting 6 backs in Mohr, Davis, Haynes, our number 1 ruck, our best forward and probably our second best mid.

Even with a full team we probably would have lost, but we would have been a lot more competitive- in contrast west coast were missing Waters.

I know how it feels in the second year when Gold Coast had the longest injury list and people wondered if the expansion teams will ever be competitive