Main Menu

Viney suspension

Started by FactHunt, May 06, 2014, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Noz on May 07, 2014, 02:31:25 PM
If players are worried about the long term effects if they get bumped in the head.Then they should just play with a helmet

Coming in 2015, everyone is made to wear helmets

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 07, 2014, 04:15:44 PM
If players are worried about the long term effects if they get bumped in the head.Then they should just play with a helmet

So the AFL is going NFL?  :o

Flame

Glad Melbourne are appealing- hope he gets off!!

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on May 07, 2014, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 07, 2014, 04:15:44 PM

So the AFL is going NFL?  :o
Helmets won't help anything, may make things worse even. Players will use their heads as weapons which will cause more long term damage.

Nails

If Melbourne win the tribunal it'll be the first time they've notched up 3 wins since 2012 and it's only round 7  :o

MTTY

Quote from: Nails on May 07, 2014, 06:38:58 PM
If Melbourne win the tribunal it'll be the first time they've notched up 3 wins since 2012 and it's only round 7  :o

Laughed at this more than I should have (especially since i'm a Dees supporter). Nice one Nails!  ;D

Toga

Haha I had to read that a few times.. Good one Nails ;)

Nige

Oh God, that's brilliant.  ;D

T Dog

Nice work Nails...tho will be 2 wins sadly...cant possibly win the appeal surely... >:(

Big Berger

Hahahaha Nails.

Tbh, I think that a lot of the fuss is over the top. While yes, he was unlucky and I think 2 weeks is far to harsh, I think that he should have got a reprimand, or if he was extremely unlucky 1 week. But really, it was a high impact collision and Lynch's jaw was broken. This year especially, the MRP has been really harsh on head on contact. Really shouldn't be more than one week though  :-\

Big Mac

Quote from: Big Berger on May 07, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Hahahaha Nails.

Tbh, I think that a lot of the fuss is over the top. While yes, he was unlucky and I think 2 weeks is far to harsh, I think that he should have got a reprimand, or if he was extremely unlucky 1 week. But really, it was a high impact collision and Lynch's jaw was broken. This year especially, the MRP has been really harsh on head on contact. Really shouldn't be more than one week though  :-\

The issue remains though, what else was he meant to do in that situation? The ball is kicked over his head so he runs toward it, then realises Lynch is going to get to it before him so he starts to decelerate (Watch his foot movement in the replay where half of the centre square is visible), and realising that impact is inevitable, tries to prepare for it by bracing. It is obvious that he did not intend to bump Lynch, especially when you consider that he would have also been intentionally bumping his teammate as well. The idea that he could have simply 'spun' out of the way is ridiculous.

tbagrocks

What annoys me the most, the kid has spent hours training himself for those situations, where he was getting concussed or what, so they taught him to brace for contact if "Get this" If, he has to protect himself

So guess what, he did exactly what he was trained for and some flogging muppets decide because another player unfortunately got injured, they'd do him in

Toga

What would be interesting would be Tommy Lynch's take on the whole scenario.

Nails

Quote from: Toga on May 07, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

Don't think he can tell us with a broken jaw. He'll just have to go silent on the matter.

Grazz

Quote from: Toga on May 07, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

Was just reading the latest comments thinking the same thing then boom theres your comment. Great minds mate great minds. ;)