Main Menu

Viney suspension

Started by FactHunt, May 06, 2014, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2014, 03:56:26 PM
Mark Riccuito suggesting that the Hawthorn/Sydney players should sit down on the ground for the opening bounce of their game on Saturday night...

So because Jack Viney (Melbourne) got suspended when TT Lynch (Adelaide) got injured, Hawthorn and Sydney should get an extra shot at gaining 4 premiership points?  :-\

Mr.Craig

Dr Peter Larkins ‏@doclarkins
Memo to AFL legal teams - expecting a player to change direction & pivot on one foot at speed is a recipe to invite an ACL knee rupture

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 08, 2014, 05:15:47 PM
Memo to AFL legal teams - expecting a player to change direction & pivot on one foot at speed is a recipe to invite an ACL knee rupture
The AFL couldn't care less.  :P

FactHunt

Quote from: Nails on May 08, 2014, 04:13:25 PM
Mark Riccuito suggesting that the Hawthorn/Sydney players should sit down on the ground for the opening bounce of their game on Saturday night...

So because Jack Viney (Melbourne) got suspended when TT Lynch (Adelaide) got injured, Hawthorn and Sydney should get an extra shot at gaining 4 premiership points?  :-\

I think that Riccuito is suggesting that this rule (and the injustice it creates) is bigger than the game of AFL, and that all participants of said game should CHOOSE not to participate in a game with the current evolutionary processes. (if they let this rule slip through.... what next?!?)

It's not about the "points" on Friday night, but much bigger indeed.

I reckon that there has been a big enough uproar about this decision that it could not possibly continue.
Time will tell... but I also think that the 2 weeks will stand given the current rule in place.
FFS they need to get a fix on this rule ASAP.

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 08, 2014, 05:15:47 PM

Havent heard a dumber statement made this year than that one by the MRP, they were simply throwing something out there to vindicate their decision knowing full well they had erred by laying the charge on him. So much of the decision smacks of inconsistency, reducing the contact to medium when a guy has a broken jaw just shows how far out of their depth they were in trying to come to a decision. The higher contact rating would of seen Viney go for 4+ weeks but they themselves realised how silly that would be so they changed the rules to here the charge at a lesser grade knowing there would be some backlash coming but never expecting that 2 weeks would still cause an uproar. I have a gut feeling that tonights appeal will see a complete backflip from the MRP and a reprimand with carry over points will be the new punishment handed out and see Viney free to play this weekend, why do i think this, well quiet simply they are so far out their depth over head high contact and lack any common sense that they will crumble like a house of cards due to the pressure and backlash they've coped since Tuesday which doesn't bother me a bit as long as we arrive the correct decision thats been pushed by the footy community not the MRP. You screwed up admit it and move on and for Gods sake try to find some common sense regarding this issue.

Big Mac

Reading the live chat and it is not looking good for Viney

Nails

Quote from: FactHunt on May 08, 2014, 05:53:19 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 08, 2014, 04:13:25 PM

I think that Riccuito is suggesting that this rule (and the injustice it creates) is bigger than the game of AFL, and that all participants of said game should CHOOSE not to participate in a game with the current evolutionary processes. (if they let this rule slip through.... what next?!?)

It's not about the "points" on Friday night, but much bigger indeed.

I reckon that there has been a big enough uproar about this decision that it could not possibly continue.
Time will tell... but I also think that the 2 weeks will stand given the current rule in place.
FFS they need to get a fix on this rule ASAP.

Read what I bolded in your statement and then what I bolded in the original statement.

You might understand my joke then :o

tbagrocks

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 08, 2014, 06:23:16 PM
Reading the live chat and it is not looking good for Viney
Gee that just be a disaster, once again, somehow, I blame Dumbetriou

Grazz

Everyone is out the room, just waiting for a decision now.

roo boys!

Appeal upheld, Viney free to play. Rightfully so!

Grazz

Purple 77

Common senses prevailed! Yes!

Decision surprised me actually

Nige

Justice has been served.

Nails

Viney is lucky the tribunal didn't screw up twice in a row.

This lady had to serve her 9 month spell however...

FactHunt

Hooray... Some sanity at last!!! ;D