Main Menu

Viney suspension

Started by FactHunt, May 06, 2014, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

"I would have been spending a fair bit of time with David Mission, our fitness coach, which would have been...too much fun."

Love this, from Viney's interview after the appeal.

Big Mac

I see what you guys are saying, but the grounds of the appeal were "that the decision was so unreasonable, that no Tribunal acting reasonably could have come to that decision having regard to the evidence before it". This means that the actual incident was not being argued tonight, but rather how reasonable the actions of the Tribunal were. On Tuesday, the incident was either going to be deemed a bump or bracing for contact, which are both reasonable outcomes and therefore indicate that the Tribunal acted reasonably. Whether

Toga

Good that he doesn't get weeks for what we all think was a fair bump. Keep hitting em hard Jack 8)

nrich102

Good to see him get off.

Nails

Ricochet

Bill Manspeaker

Nige

Quote from: brad on May 09, 2014, 06:22:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 08, 2014, 11:04:02 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 08, 2014, 09:28:27 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on May 08, 2014, 09:03:10 PM
Good to see him get off.

:-X
#Jackoff

hahaha.  ;D how has no one laughed at this yet. vin, where are you son
I did laugh, just never expressed it in the thread.  :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Master Q on May 08, 2014, 07:05:05 PM
Haven't read this thread and just discovered this now.

Absolute joke how Viney was let off. Should have been reduced to 1 or just kept the original decision. While I don't agree with the initial decision, the public should not be able to effect the tribunal. I mean, whenever someone is reported, why not just put up a public poll?

There's an appeal system for a reason- in most cases, even with public support, players' appeals are rarely successful.

This was over turned because it was a flowering stupid call.