Main Menu

Where we need to get to

Started by MTTY, May 04, 2014, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Mate yeah, the Dee's were good, some great moments and JKH was very good, but in all Melbourne weren't actually that good

Point Im making is, there was little pressure at all from Melbourne and they didn't always move it forward with precision, they did what they needed to do and it was great even to see them win, even if I was stunned

Well done, just saying they need to go up another level again next week

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 05, 2014, 08:45:18 PM
Mate yeah, the Dee's were good, some great moments and JKH was very good, but in all Melbourne weren't actually that good

Point Im making is, there was little pressure at all from Melbourne and they didn't always move it forward with precision, they did what they needed to do and it was great even to see them win, even if I was stunned

Well done, just saying they need to go up another level again next week

Thank you for acknowledging that, but most of what you're saying on pressure, precision, effort and skills happened in the second half not the first.

That's exactly that, we did what we needed to to win. That's all any team in the comp needs to do.

I agree, as should every supporter of every single other club. I'd hope we are improving every week, otherwise we risk going backwards, as does Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Fremantle and so on.

tbagrocks

Hey look, I am shocked, we all thought we would get infront at ome point. Even when the clock kept ticking at 29, 30 minutes, then we realized we were going to actually lose

Look, it was a famous win, in Adelaide, not many struggling clubs come here and win. Jones is a champion and Dawes was great, still taking me time to appreciate what happened so maybe forgive me

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 05, 2014, 09:05:41 PM
Hey look, I am shocked, we all thought we would get infront at ome point. Even when the clock kept ticking at 29, 30 minutes, then we realized we were going to actually lose

Look, it was a famous win, in Adelaide, not many struggling clubs come here and win. Jones is a champion and Dawes was great, still taking me time to appreciate what happened so maybe forgive me

No problem at tbag.  :)

Just to re-iterate I actually agree with a lot of what you have said, bar the first half stuff.

Jay

From an Adelaide perspective, we certainly did not deserve to win the game. Melbourne outplayed us and deserved it. If that makes any of you Dees supporters sleep easier tonight, then you're welcome :P

Quote from: NigeyS on May 05, 2014, 09:04:09 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on May 05, 2014, 07:30:10 AM
Adelaide imo have greatly overrated where they are in the comp
Where did you get this from? I think trading Bernie for young Crouch showed that we're looking to blood youth rather than go for a flag right away if that's what your impression was.

Kind of ironic for a Richmond fan to talk about other clubs overrating themselves  :-X :-X

Vinny

TomK

Quote from: Jayman on May 05, 2014, 09:14:32 PM
From an Adelaide perspective, we certainly did not deserve to win the game. Melbourne outplayed us and deserved it. If that makes any of you Dees supporters sleep easier tonight, then you're welcome :P

Where did you get this from? I think trading Bernie for young Crouch showed that we're looking to blood youth rather than go for a flag right away if that's what your impression was.

Kind of ironic for a Richmond fan to talk about other clubs overrating themselves  :-X :-X
This.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Vinny on May 05, 2014, 09:19:03 PM
IS THAT BEEF I SMELL?!

IF YA SMEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLALALALALALOOOOOOWWWWW

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on May 05, 2014, 09:14:32 PM

Now that you mention it.  :o

Ha, I knew that was inevitable.

Let's hug it out and be friends Jay, after all... we both support teams that have lost to Melbourne this year.  :P

MTTY

This is finally gaining some momentum. Saw numerous Tigers supporters say Melbourne deserved to win yesterday (appreciate it guys). Finally getting somewhere.

Big Mac

Quote from: MTTY on May 18, 2014, 11:37:06 AM
This is finally gaining some momentum. Saw numerous Tigers supporters say Melbourne deserved to win yesterday (appreciate it guys). Finally getting somewhere.

I've noticed this as well. People starting to talk about how far Melbourne have come this year, as opposed to how poorly the other team played.

Nige

I'm definitely more upset that Richmond lost and the way in which it happened rather than who got the victory over them.

As said before, Melbourne did play well and were without a doubt the better team on the day.

Vinny

It slowly happening which is good but it's going to take a long time before the majority accept it. If you guys can escape bottom 3 this year that'd be making a big statement. You guys played well on the weekend and the win was deserved. But yeah it will take a while for people to get their head around it.

tbagrocks

Bernie just said they are conceding 10 less goals a game so far, 60 points less the opposition is scoring is huge

ossie85

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 18, 2014, 01:38:57 PM
Bernie just said they are conceding 10 less goals a game so far, 60 points less the opposition is scoring is huge

last year they averaged 122 against, this year its 80. 42 point improvement is huge for sure