Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Early prediction: Brisbane use first round pick to secure Keays as Academy?

Tominator

Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 01, 2014, 11:30:59 AM
Early prediction: Brisbane use first round pick to secure Keays as Academy?

Looking to next year, I'd say Keays could be worthy of that. Depends where they finish on the ladder though. Sydney are going to have a bumper draft in 2015. Looking at Callum Mills as an Academy pick, and Josh Dunkley as a Father-Son, both touted as Top 10 chances. Expect the anti-Academy voices to grow much louder in the next 12 months!

Ringo

Brisbane will nominate Keays and Hissop as academy selections and will have to match bids of other clubs.  Similar to Dawson and Andrews this year,

Tominator

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 27, 2014, 08:53:45 PM
Duggan is a steal at 11, Lamb a massive steal at 32 and will go very well on the expanses of Subiaco Oval, Don't know much about Nelson but Cavka another steal at 66. Then Waterman who's another steal.

The West Coast recruiting team should be locked up. Serial thiefs!!

But in all seriousness it is a superb draft from you boys. Nelson is quality too - in the AIS-AFL Academy. I'm peeved off Crows didn't nab Cavka or Jordan Cunico at Pick 58, both are fantastic outside runners.

Tominator

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 27, 2014, 06:02:51 PM
Is Emma Quayle nuts?

She had Petracca at 3, Ahern at 6, LAVERDE TO ESSENDON. Goddard at 21 to StK, I guarantee you if he's available at 20, Essendon would take Goddard,

She was bang on, too. I've said it before but Emma Quayle is a top football analyst.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Tominator on December 01, 2014, 01:43:12 PM
Is Emma Quayle nuts?

She had Petracca at 3, Ahern at 6, LAVERDE TO ESSENDON. Goddard at 21 to StK, I guarantee you if he's available at 20, Essendon would take Goddard,

She was bang on, too. I've said it before but Emma Quayle is a top football analyst.

I said i'd listen to her over Twomey. And I thought she was crazy with Laverde and Goddard... Clearly she knew something the rest of them didn't.

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-01/rookie-and-preseason-draft-order-announced

Draft orders announced for both Rookie and Preseason draft with information on who clubs may take.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 01, 2014, 01:50:04 PM
Is Emma Quayle nuts?

I said i'd listen to her over Twomey. And I thought she was crazy with Laverde and Goddard... Clearly she knew something the rest of them didn't.
I think I only look at their phantoms and Knightmare's over at bigfooty's. Given Twomey is probably a bit more TAC biased, still handy to have all three of their thoughts!

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 01, 2014, 11:56:30 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 01, 2014, 01:50:04 PM
Is Emma Quayle nuts?

I think I only look at their phantoms and Knightmare's over at bigfooty's. Given Twomey is probably a bit more TAC biased, still handy to have all three of their thoughts!

See i'd rather Twomey over Knightmare. Neither-the-less it was a great draft. Saints win though.

Memphistopheles

Is Emma Quayle nuts?

She's my favourite draft expert as well. Best phantom draft I think out of the lot.

The_Captain

Is Emma Quayle nuts?

Just found this torp.. She did okay..Looks bad pre draft.. Now not so bad lol.

Nige

Bill Manspeaker

anyone know what time the draft starts?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 02, 2014, 11:29:55 PM

10:30am i think a facebook page said they were covering it from then

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 02, 2014, 11:31:27 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 02, 2014, 11:29:55 PM

10:30am i think a facebook page said they were covering it from then
alright sweet thanks man, gotta make sure I'm on the ball!