Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bully on November 28, 2014, 08:20:19 PM
Quote from: jobe#4 on November 28, 2014, 05:53:46 PM
true, however predicting 150+ games for anybody who hasn't played a game is huge

Big call but I'm running with my gut feelings here, I see so much Luke Dunstan in Blakely, very similar types and I really rate Dunstan. The Freo midfield will be a tough nut to crack but guys like Barlow & Mundy aren't getting any younger. At 37 he's a massive steal.

As for NB, he just looks like a footballer to me, he's not quick but he has a monster tank and has the strength and agility to get out of trouble. I actually ranked these two as very early second rounders, reckon they are bargains for Freo & Melbourne.

Yeah... Blakely will be a champion, same as NB... Blakely will end up the better of the 2 though. NB will become a less influential Scott Pendlebury. Both will play plenty of senior football! 

meow meow

There seems to be a common theme here. There were 74 players drafted and each and every one of them is a steal!

Bully

Quote from: meow meow on November 28, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
There seems to be a common theme here. There were 74 players drafted and each and every one of them is a steal!

When it comes to the second round, inside types have the highest strike rate by far, I place a huge premium on clearance ability and contested possessions. Of all the players selected between 20 & 50, it's the inside mids who represent the best value. NB, Blakely & Miller are very bankable commodities. I have my other favourites like Daniel McKenzie & Lukas Webb, but I also acknowledge there's more risk attached. 

Pkbaldy

Quote from: meow meow on November 28, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

McKenna was a huge steal. Surprised he didn't go in the top 10.

meow meow

We both know the real steal was taken at 77. I heard he's at least as good as McCartin, if not better.

Bully

Quote from: meow meow on November 28, 2014, 09:01:33 PM
We both know the real steal was taken at 77. I heard he's at least as good as McCartin, if not better.

He's about a 50% chance to make it, worth the risk at 77 but that seems about right. Interesting that a lot of the chatter amongst recruiters stemmed around Lamb & McKenzie getting ahead of themselves and being a bit rebellious in nature. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Vinny

cannot

flowering

believe

we

let

McKenzie

pass

to

flowerING

Richmond

Bully

Quote from: Vinny on November 28, 2014, 09:24:54 PM
cannot

flowering

believe

we

let

McKenzie

pass

to

flowerING

Richmond

He's still very raw Vinny, toss of the coin as to whether he'll make it. These types are always very hit and miss. Remember Hourigan from last year? He didn't get drafted and is now playing suburban football.  It's a tough gig playing the lead-up forward role and the busts outnumber the successes by quite some margin.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Bully on November 28, 2014, 09:20:44 PM

He's about a 50% chance to make it, worth the risk at 77 but that seems about right. Interesting that a lot of the chatter amongst recruiters stemmed around Lamb & McKenzie getting ahead of themselves and being a bit rebellious in nature. Be interesting to see how it pans out.
I've heard the same kind of stories about Franklin, like answering phone calls during interviews with clubs, if they can have half as successful a career as him they'll have done well.

meow meow

Quote from: Bully on November 28, 2014, 09:20:44 PM

Haha I was just stirring up PK. I don't think McKenzie is anything special at all.

Nige

Nige

Mat0369

Quote from: Nige on November 29, 2014, 03:05:55 PM
And this one too.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-29/vfl-players-second-chance

There are 3 guys on this list I want at Carlton and they have all played at the NB previously

jobe#4

is there a list for the picks for the draft next week? I have no idea how it works

Mr.Craig