Previous topic - Next topic

jobe#4

can somebody photoshop Ellis into a tigers jumper please

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 12:46:44 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 27, 2014, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 12:31:43 PM
Don't ruin the fun Jroo.

As a Tiges fan, I thought you'd be with me, not against me.

I'm fairly sure Tog and Bully are on side at least.  :P
Haha I'd don't mind him, but as I said I'd prefer the other guys (Duggan, Laverde, Weller, Ahern).

Nige

Keen for the last laugh tonight.  :P

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 12:59:19 PM
Keen for the last laugh tonight.  :P

Keen to get blind tonight, to ease my sorrows.

jobe#4

all jokes aside Richmond are in a really position with their draft pick, expecting them to get some real value tonight

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 27, 2014, 01:04:49 PM
all jokes aside Richmond are in a really position with their draft pick, expecting them to get some real value tonight
Yep, that's what it's all about. We're in the perfect position to take somebody who slides out of the top 10 and yet it's being said we'll take somebody who isn't even in the top 25 players in this draft. Makes zero sense, we're not gonna cater to a need with our first pick.

elephants

Ellis is elite, he isnt a need.

jobe#4

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 27, 2014, 01:38:10 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 27, 2014, 01:33:46 PM
exactly
This is true. I definitely phrased my point badly.

I mean that yes, we need a classy outside player, but some of others in contention for our pick and who look to likely be available have good speed, something Ellis doesn't. I feel like if we can get somebody as good, if not better than Corey Ellis, but with good pace, why wouldn't we?

It was pretty evident that we missed somebody like Matt White at times this year.

Bully

Don't ruin the fun Jroo.

Don't stress, we've kept our cards very close to our chest, the only reason Ellis is seen as a lock is that no journo has a clue. We rate Laverde as our top pick and will have no hesitation in calling out his name. Weller is rated very highly, as is Duggan, Ahern & Pickett.

jobe#4

Quote from: Nige on November 27, 2014, 01:47:04 PM
Quote from: jobe#4 on November 27, 2014, 01:38:10 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 27, 2014, 01:33:46 PM
exactly
This is true. I definitely phrased my point badly.

I mean that yes, we need a classy outside player, but some of others in contention for our pick and who look to likely be available have good speed, something Ellis doesn't. I feel like if we can get somebody as good, if not better than Corey Ellis, but with good pace, why wouldn't we?

It was pretty evident that we missed somebody like Matt White at times this year.
yeah there was a big hole without White. Have to be considering somebody like Garlett or Ahern with some speed?

Jroo

Quote from: Bully on November 27, 2014, 01:49:40 PM
Don't ruin the fun Jroo.

Don't stress, we've kept our cards very close to our chest, the only reason Ellis is seen as a lock is that no journo has a clue. We rate Laverde as our top pick and will have no hesitation in calling out his name. Weller is rated very highly, as is Duggan, Ahern & Pickett.
I like Laverde or any of those guys. Hope you're right Bully, I expect you to be  ;)

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 27, 2014, 01:49:40 PM
Oh, don't worry, I have supreme confidence that it will be one of the others and not Corey Ellis.  :P

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 27, 2014, 01:55:14 PM
yeah there was a big hole without White. Have to be considering somebody like Garlett or Ahern with some speed?
Yep, Ahern is up there. I don't think Garlett is in contention, though.

jobe#4

yeah I don't think Laverde will slip far outside the top 10

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 27, 2014, 01:59:10 PM
yeah I don't think Laverde will slip far outside the top 10
I'd expect the Eagles to pounce at 11, but stranger things have happened.