Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Bit late to the conversation, but agree with everything Big Mac has said...

I'm really surprised Melbourne is perceived to have a good/potential midfield... it is easily the worst in the AFL, which goes to show how bad it was in 2013 without Vince, Cross and Tyson.

Brayshaw and Petracca definitely the way to go, I'm not at all concerned about the potential future problem of our key forward situation... besides, it will be like 4 years from now before it becomes relevant. Ages away.

Also think a top 5 pick in 2016 is a bit harsh rico  :P but fair enough haha

kilbluff1985

I agree should take Brayshaw and Petracca and a tall with the next pick

BoredSaint

wouldnt be disappointed if Goddard slips to 21 :D

Pkbaldy

Quote from: BoredSaint on November 26, 2014, 08:48:34 PM
wouldnt be disappointed if Goddard slips to 21 :D

I'm not ready! Still heart breaking  :P

Mr.Craig

What's the bet that the Crows say "we got our man" even if they didn't?

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 26, 2014, 09:47:43 PM
What's the bet that the Crows say "we got our man" even if they didn't?
You can bet tbag's life on it.

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 26, 2014, 08:29:07 PM
Also think a top 5 pick in 2016 is a bit harsh rico  :P but fair enough haha
haha sorry man :P

elephants

Rico man you've butchered that quote haha

Nige

Ricochet

sorry guys, new to the site and just finding my feet

Nige

Nige

The Herald Sun is reporting that the Demons are "considering overlooking Christian Petracca in favour of 203cm forward Peter Wright."

"Melbourne is expected to decide on Thursday morning on whether it needs another tall goalkicker to partner Jesse Hogan instead of Petracca's X-factor."

- From that AFL Offseason page.

I find this odd and contrary to what Roos said on SEN. Interesting!

Mr.Craig

Call the draft off! I want to wait until he slides to 31.

_wato

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 26, 2014, 08:29:07 PM
Brayshaw and Petracca definitely the way to go, I'm not at all concerned about the potential future problem of our key forward situation... besides, it will be like 4 years from now before it becomes relevant. Ages away.

I just figure a short term gain for a long term loss may not be the way to go! How do you know you won't pick Petracca up with a midfielder you get in the top 5 next year? There will be no real top 10 KPF's come out of that draft according to experts and may be little some for a year or two after that. I understand Petracca is a better choice but Wright has lots going for him and was for along time touted as #1. It would be the more considerable approach to their needs.

And Melbourne's mids.. Nobody said they were really good.. I think most were meaning to say they will be good and they have significant potential. Tyson, Viney, Jones, Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem, Toumpas, Trengove etc will be an explode midfield in 3-4 years time with/without the choice of Petracca and possibly future choices in the upcoming years.. Add to that Wright (if they went that way) and Hogan and Melbourne will be going places for sure.

kilbluff1985

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-26/were-not-wedded-to-it

just seen this about where the draft would be held

wouldn't happen but would be cool to have it on a cruise ship or something lol i dunno was just trying to think of something different