Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 26, 2014, 11:07:13 AM
Probably edited. Could of sworn he had Aish going to the Doggies as his final.
Edited? The draft was the very next day after that article. Must have been an earlier version your thinking of man

Vinny

Pkbaldy

jobe#4

i hope this is what happens tomorrow in the draft

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2014/11/26/jeppas-phantom-draft-2014/

bombers to get Garlett and Weller!!!! wont happen, but one can dream

Ricochet

Heraldsun now predicting McCartin at #1 also. Amazing how quickly it can change

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2014, 10:32:48 AM
Quote from: Nige on November 26, 2014, 10:30:46 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2014, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 25, 2014, 10:56:10 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 25, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 25, 2014, 10:16:15 PM
Just waiting for Emma Quayle's draft list now. Last year she really nailed them I think. Her and Twomey have the most expertise, as in have actually talked wih recruiters and know the draftees better than us so I'd be more in lend to think we're wrong than them.
She gets damn close every year the best in the business.

I'd listen/pay attention to Emma's list. But not Twomey, last 2 years he's been NOWHERE near it and she got 14/20 last year. Which is pretty damn good considering some of the picks.
Twomey got 14/20 last year as well man.

The bloke regularly speaks to recruiters and watches more of these kids than most, so I personally give good weighting to his opinions on these boys, along with Emma Quayle
Did he? I could have sworn he did worse than that.
yep http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-20/cripps-in-blues-sights

Also Emma only got 12/20 last year
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-2013-emma-quayles-first-round-prediction-20131120-2xvy6.html

hahaha, awkward....

#fukdatwomeyhaters

tbagrocks

If the Saints do take the Key Forward,  I wonder if the Dee's will take the two top midfielders next given they hardly need two more guns, one will do, then pick a tall they need??   ???   Intriguing indeed!

Nige

If I see another phantom draft with Corey Ellis, I'm going to lose my shower completely.

jobe#4

Quote from: Nige on November 26, 2014, 03:08:17 PM
If I see another phantom draft with Corey Ellis, I'm going to lose my shower completely.
lol

Bully

Laverde is our primary target. Fingers & legs crossed that West Coast don't spoil the party.

shaker

All these phantom drafts and so called experts opinions get a bit tiresome after a while I'll be glad when it's done , everyone one roughly knows the top ten after tomorrow we will know where they end up

Pkbaldy

Knightmare has updated his phantom draft. And despite getting McCartin, I like it. some highlights;
#8 Gold Coast Liam Duggan
#12 Richmond Corey Ellis
#17 Essendon Lachlan Weller

jobe#4

Laverde might go a lot earlier though

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 26, 2014, 03:05:37 PM
If the Saints do take the Key Forward,  I wonder if the Dee's will take the two top midfielders next given they hardly need two more guns, one will do, then pick a tall they need??   ???   Intriguing indeed!
Imagine if Melb were thinking the same as the Saints and identified that there aren't many great key fwds coming up in the next couple of drafts. And it went
1. McCartin
2. Brayshaw
3. Wright
4. Petracca

I mean Melb would have been set on McCartin for a while, have lost Clark and Frawley over the last few seasons, and Dawes is 27 next year.

Doubt it would happen, but there is an argument for it

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2014, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on November 26, 2014, 03:05:37 PM
Imagine if Melb were thinking the same as the Saints and identified that there aren't many great key fwds coming up in the next couple of drafts. And it went
1. McCartin
2. Brayshaw
3. Wright
4. Petracca

I mean Melb would have been set on McCartin for a while, have lost Clark and Frawley over the last few seasons, and Dawes is 27 next year.

Doubt it would happen, but there is an argument for it

If we don't get Petracca, I just don't want GWS getting him... They offered us pick 4 and 7 for pick 1 because they wanted Petracca so badly... SO that means they would get what they want and still have pick 7.