Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Zaine Cordy is the man. Hilarious man.

Man De Goey has a massive head...

None of the guns are Saints supporters :( Bit of a shock that Brayshaw is a freo man.

Memphistopheles

Just waiting for Emma Quayle's draft list now. Last year she really nailed them I think. Her and Twomey have the most expertise, as in have actually talked wih recruiters and know the draftees better than us so I'd be more in lend to think we're wrong than them.

Bill Manspeaker

I fully believe McCartin is the player we will pick now

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 25, 2014, 10:16:15 PM
Just waiting for Emma Quayle's draft list now. Last year she really nailed them I think. Her and Twomey have the most expertise, as in have actually talked wih recruiters and know the draftees better than us so I'd be more in lend to think we're wrong than them.
She gets damn close every year the best in the business.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 25, 2014, 10:52:31 PM

I'd listen/pay attention to Emma's list. But not Twomey, last 2 years he's been NOWHERE near it and she got 14/20 last year. Which is pretty damn good considering some of the picks.

Bully

Every Phantom has Richmond taking Ellis, our cone of silence has been highly successful.  8)

Mr.Craig

I don't think Emma is going to do one. However she did do a live chat today which might be of interest to people...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-and-drafting/2014-afl-draft-chat-live-with-emma-quayle-20141125-11t95x.html

Nige

Good read that ^

But yeah, we've reached the end of the draft trumps, to wrap it up, probably my second favourite player in the draft pool this year - Paul Ahern.

Toga

Definitely a fan of Quayle's work, she knows her stuff

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 25, 2014, 10:56:10 PM

I'd listen/pay attention to Emma's list. But not Twomey, last 2 years he's been NOWHERE near it and she got 14/20 last year. Which is pretty damn good considering some of the picks.
Twomey got 14/20 last year as well man.

The bloke regularly speaks to recruiters and watches more of these kids than most, so I personally give good weighting to his opinions on these boys, along with Emma Quayle

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2014, 10:29:21 AM

The bloke regularly speaks to recruiters and watches more of these kids than most, so I personally give good weighting to his opinions on these boys, along with Emma Quayle
Did he? I could have sworn he did worse than that.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on November 26, 2014, 10:30:46 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2014, 10:29:21 AM

Did he? I could have sworn he did worse than that.
yep http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-20/cripps-in-blues-sights

Also Emma only got 12/20 last year
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-2013-emma-quayles-first-round-prediction-20131120-2xvy6.html

Tominator

Sorry boys been away since last night and I will not be online for the draft! Look forward to wrapping it all up when I get back next Monday. Am sure it'll be a ripper!

jobe#4

real keen to see who the Saints will take

Pkbaldy

Probably edited. Could of sworn he had Aish going to the Doggies as his final.