Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:23:17 PM
Quote from: Bully on November 24, 2014, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:15:17 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 24, 2014, 06:09:35 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:07:23 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 24, 2014, 06:05:22 PM
Haha yeah I'd be pick Petrecca too but just saying McCartin is hardly a bad pick, let alone one to change teams over.
But it's not the one alone thing. Its been about 10 things over the past 5 years. More frustrating then watching a game with North Melbourne. Which makes me prefer to barrack for them. I know i'd probably never change teams. Unless Dunstan left.
Nah not good enough. :P

If Dees supporters can stick through, you have no excuse sir.

The Dees get good players, they just have no idea how to develop them.

I do like McCartin, but Petracca/McKenzie just feels so much better to me... But doesn't matter who we pick. If we don't pick the 4 that I want i'll be angry anyway haha.

As a Saints supporter I would be fuming, GWS offered up picks 4 & 7 and Melbourne stood a 50% chance of nabbing Lever instead of McCartin. On top of that Peter Wright will probably have a similarly successful career as Paddy, so in a worst case scenario you get 2 for the price of one. Worst game of poker I've ever seen.

Pretty much. We could of gotten Wright @ 4 and Lever @ 7. Would rather that pair over McCartin on his own.
Yeah exactly. You'd think they would taken the 4 and 7 deal if they were going to take a KPF (since Wright would have been available). I would have thought the point of keeping #1 was to get Petracca.

I guess we'll find out in four days.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on November 24, 2014, 06:20:57 PM
Sam McClure "some of Petracca's testing hasn't been at the expectation of a #1 pick"

Don't know the full results but looking back through this thread
- he ran a 14.2 beep
- wasn't in the top 10 for 20mtr sprint, agility, repeat sprints, kicking test, clean hands, or goal kicking test
- and pulled out of the 3km injured halfway through

meow meow

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 05:47:44 PM
I can see Reece McKenzie being just as good if not better then McCartin anyway.

::)

McKenzie will be a slow useless spud. He couldn't get a kick against the better backmen. He only beat up on kids that he had 4 inches and 20kgs on. 

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on November 24, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 24, 2014, 06:20:57 PM
Sam McClure "some of Petracca's testing hasn't been at the expectation of a #1 pick"

Don't know the full results but looking back through this thread
- he ran a 14.2 beep
- wasn't in the top 10 for 20mtr sprint, agility, repeat sprints, kicking test, clean hands, or goal kicking test
- and pulled out of the 3km injured halfway through

This is why I have been calling Brayshaw as the true number 1, Petracca has many question marks and could well be the classic manchild disaster story.

Nige

Plot twist: Wright goes @ #1 as mooted a while back.

Purple 77

Very excited at these rumours... would love Petrecca and Brayshaw. Nothing against McCartin, it's just:
1) We need mids more than forwards
2) Roos has repeatedly said he is trying to minimize the length of time for development, which is what every dees supporter wants
3) Roos has repeatedly said he does not like picking KPP's in a draft, because it is hard to judge them based on TAC cup or U18 form, and how that would be transitioned into the AFL (Lucas Cook for example)

As good as Hogan and McCartin sounds on paper, there would be many, many years to wait before they start to be a consistent threat in the AFL. One gun key forward prospect is plenty for me.

Ricochet

Quote from: Bully on November 24, 2014, 06:33:23 PM
Petracca has many question marks and could well be the classic manchild disaster story.
That's what I was thinking.

Hopefully not though for his sake and whoever picks him up.

jobe#4

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 24, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
Very excited at these rumours... would love Petrecca and Brayshaw. Nothing against McCartin, it's just:
1) We need mids more than forwards
2) Roos has repeatedly said he is trying to minimize the length of time for development, which is what every dees supporter wants
3) Roos has repeatedly said he does not like picking KPP's in a draft, because it is hard to judge them based on TAC cup or U18 form, and how that would be transitioned into the AFL (Lucas Cook for example)

As good as Hogan and McCartin sounds on paper, there would be many, many years to wait before they start to be a consistent threat in the AFL. One gun key forward prospect is plenty for me.
yes, the Cook example is extremely relevant. had my eye on him for a long while

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Bully on November 24, 2014, 06:06:07 PM
Why on earth didn't St Kilda trade pick 1 for 4 & 7? Dumbest move I can recall, particularly when Peter Wright has just as much chance of succeeding as McCartin.
because that wasn't the deal. the deal was 4 & 7 for 1 & 21

jobe#4

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 24, 2014, 07:12:46 PM
Why on earth didn't St Kilda trade pick 1 for 4 & 7? Dumbest move I can recall, particularly when Peter Wright has just as much chance of succeeding as McCartin.
still a tempting deal though

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 24, 2014, 07:16:43 PM
still a tempting deal though
not for me.

Bully

I would still make that trade, the quality from 21-50 is pretty even. Pick 4 could have been Wright, pick 7 Lever. There's two very handy bookends to build a team around. Just have a look at last year, Bontempelli & Aish, no way you get that quality with pick 21.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Bully on November 24, 2014, 07:22:43 PM

I would still make that trade, the quality from 21-50 is pretty even. Pick 4 could have been Wright, pick 7 Lever. There's two very handy bookends to build a team around. Just have a look at last year, Bontempelli & Aish, no way you get that quality with pick 21.
a lot of "coulds" in there

the bloke who got picked up at 28 last draft was alright

give me 1 & 21

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Nige on November 24, 2014, 06:38:39 PM
Plot twist: Wright goes @ #1 as mooted a while back.

Is that you M. Night Shyamalan?

Nige