Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Well all I know if I wouldn't listen to this Sam McClure spastic. Until I see some creditable sources. He probably just read the article and jump to conclusions. I'd rely on Lee/White and McKenzie though.

Vinny

Haha yeah I'd be pick Petrecca too but just saying McCartin is hardly a bad pick, let alone one to change teams over.

Bully

Why on earth didn't St Kilda trade pick 1 for 4 & 7? Dumbest move I can recall, particularly when Peter Wright has just as much chance of succeeding as McCartin.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Vinny on November 24, 2014, 06:05:22 PM
Haha yeah I'd be pick Petrecca too but just saying McCartin is hardly a bad pick, let alone one to change teams over.
But it's not the one alone thing. Its been about 10 things over the past 5 years. More frustrating then watching a game with North Melbourne. Which makes me prefer to barrack for them. I know i'd probably never change teams. Unless Dunstan left.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:03:55 PM
Well all I know if I wouldn't listen to this Sam McClure spastic. Until I see some creditable sources. He probably just read the article and jump to conclusions. I'd rely on Lee/White and McKenzie though.
Sam McClure is one of the more credible people around mate

Vinny

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:07:23 PM
But it's not the one alone thing. Its been about 10 things over the past 5 years. More frustrating then watching a game with North Melbourne. Which makes me prefer to barrack for them. I know i'd probably never change teams. Unless Dunstan left.
Nah not good enough. :P

If Dees supporters can stick through, you have no excuse sir.

_wato

But do St Kilda need any more mids or do they need a KPF?

Steven, Armitage, Montagna, Curren, Dunstan, Savage, Newnes, Billings, Ross, Ray, Saunders, Acres, Templeton
All young and can pick up a midfielder in any draft, they are a dime a dozen (plus Saints will be getting high picks for a few years yet).

Or do they need another KPF?

Riewoldt, Membrey, Siposs, Lee, White, Markworth, Murdoch, Millera, Minchington

To me it's clearly obvious! A forward is much more important to their NEEDS and not exactly picking the best player available (which is Petracca).

Plus what Richardson said in that interview really points towards Paddy McCartin, if not I stand corrected.

kilbluff1985

is Sam McClure the ex Carlton player on fox footy sometimes cant remember his name?

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 24, 2014, 06:10:26 PM
is Sam McClure the ex Carlton player on fox footy sometimes cant remember his name?
Thats Mark Maclure mate

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on November 24, 2014, 06:11:07 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 24, 2014, 06:10:26 PM
Thats Mark Maclure mate

oh good yeah i don't like him

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 24, 2014, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:03:55 PM
Sam McClure is one of the more credible people around mate

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Vinny on November 24, 2014, 06:09:35 PM

The Dees get good players, they just have no idea how to develop them.

I do like McCartin, but Petracca/McKenzie just feels so much better to me... But doesn't matter who we pick. If we don't pick the 4 that I want i'll be angry anyway haha.

Ricochet

Sam McClure "some of Petracca's testing hasn't been at the expectation of a #1 pick"

Bully

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:15:17 PM

I do like McCartin, but Petracca/McKenzie just feels so much better to me... But doesn't matter who we pick. If we don't pick the 4 that I want i'll be angry anyway haha.

As a Saints supporter I would be fuming, GWS offered up picks 4 & 7 and Melbourne stood a 50% chance of nabbing Lever instead of McCartin. On top of that Peter Wright will probably have a similarly successful career as Paddy, so in a worst case scenario you get 2 for the price of one. Worst game of poker I've ever seen.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bully on November 24, 2014, 06:21:13 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 06:15:17 PM

As a Saints supporter I would be fuming, GWS offered up picks 4 & 7 and Melbourne stood a 50% chance of nabbing Lever instead of McCartin. On top of that Peter Wright will probably have a similarly successful career as Paddy, so in a worst case scenario you get 2 for the price of one. Worst game of poker I've ever seen.

Pretty much. We could of gotten Wright @ 4 and Lever @ 7. Would rather that pair over McCartin on his own.