Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on November 22, 2014, 10:07:44 AM
Doesn't need much explanation as to why this guy is going top 3 - Paddy McCartin

Still about 25/30% chance to go at number 1. Future champion in the making, unless he goes to Melbourne and they complete ruin him like most of their youngsters.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 22, 2014, 10:18:48 AM
Doesn't need much explanation as to why this guy is going top 3 - Paddy McCartin

Still about 25/30% chance to go at number 1. Future champion in the making, unless he goes to Melbourne and they complete ruin him like most of their youngsters.
Not with Roos in charge

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on November 22, 2014, 10:21:49 AM

Not with Roos in charge

How do you know Roos just didn't have an awesome development team at Sydney? DO have high hopes for McCartin though. Going to be a massive threat next to Hogan.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 22, 2014, 10:38:56 AM

Not with Roos in charge

How do you know Roos just didn't have an awesome development team at Sydney? DO have high hopes for McCartin though. Going to be a massive threat next to Hogan.
of course he did mate, but he was apart of it and the leader of it. Melb gave also come a long long way themselves

Big Mac

Not with Roos in charge

That McCartney bloke isn't too bad either

Tominator

All 22 of the player bios in my Top 22 Phantom Draft Thread are now complete so feel free to have a look!

Nige

Unfortunately for Adelaide, his old man didn't play enough games for him to be a F/S pick - Brayden Maynard

Bully

Waiting for an announcement on the draft invites, if Collingwood select De Goey or Langford then I suspect Weller will be a Tiger. I think that will make several punters happy (including myself).

Toga

Quote from: Bully on November 23, 2014, 01:16:37 PM
Waiting for an announcement on the draft invites, if Collingwood select De Goey or Langford then I suspect Weller will be a Tiger. I think that will make several punters happy (including myself).

:D

Nige

Jourdan Canil's latest phantom draft is very, very interesting. Quite a bit different from some other ones. http://boundforglorynews.com/jourdan-canils-november-phantom-draft/

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 23, 2014, 07:10:16 PM
Jourdan Canil's latest phantom draft is very, very interesting. Quite a bit different from some other ones. http://boundforglorynews.com/jourdan-canils-november-phantom-draft/

Very accurate with Richmond's interest in Webb & Weller. Don't think Grace is on our radar, rookie pick at best. At 52 I think we would take McGuinness if available.

Wow, I just realised Gore is a 4th rounder.  :o

Doubt he gets past the Doggies at 39, 45 & 46.

Ringo

One thing all these commentators drafts are saying after the top 4 the next 26 is anybodies guess in any order.  Confirms a wide open draft after Top 4

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on November 23, 2014, 08:19:48 PM
One thing all these commentators drafts are saying after the top 4 the next 26 is anybodies guess in any order.  Confirms a wide open draft after Top 4

Pretty much. GWS pick 4 sets the tone for the entire draft. If Laverde is picked then Collingwood will probably jump onto Pickett or Langford, then with Langford picked Gold Coast might just jump onto Duggan. Going to be exciting!

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 23, 2014, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 23, 2014, 08:19:48 PM

Pretty much. GWS pick 4 sets the tone for the entire draft. If Laverde is picked then Collingwood will probably jump onto Pickett or Langford, then with Langford picked Gold Coast might just jump onto Duggan. Going to be exciting!
If Laverde goes to GWS at 4, Collingwood are likely to get De Goey at 5.

Bully

Both Langford & De Goey have been invited to the draft, this is great news as it means Collingwood may pull a surprise at 5. Laverde could be the wildcard here, there's an outside chance he'll drift out of the top 10.