Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Bully on November 17, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
Quote from: Vinny on November 17, 2014, 11:06:34 PM
Not picking Petrecca is nothing to give up your membership over, it's just 95% of people want to suck his dick after all this hype.

I would take Brayshaw if I was St Kilda, Petracca smells of manchild dominance. Just my two cents worth but Brayshaw hasn't played 1 bad game all year, it just so happens that he didn't win the Larke medal, that's it really. Melbourne win big time.

Me and purp have already decided that he is officially on Melbourne's list so I don't think St. Kilda can take him

Bully

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 18, 2014, 12:13:38 AM
Quote from: Bully on November 17, 2014, 11:58:05 PM
Not picking Petrecca is nothing to give up your membership over, it's just 95% of people want to suck his dick after all this hype.

I would take Brayshaw if I was St Kilda, Petracca smells of manchild dominance. Just my two cents worth but Brayshaw hasn't played 1 bad game all year, it just so happens that he didn't win the Larke medal, that's it really. Melbourne win big time.

Me and purp have already decided that he is officially on Melbourne's list so I don't think St. Kilda can take him

You therefore have your captain in waiting.

Nige

Some reckon he's the second coming of Byron Pickett - Clem Smith

elephants

Would be happy to get this kid at our second pick, him or Rainbow.

Ricochet

Clem just needs to get fit, then he could really be anything

Tominator

About Paige Cardona's draft.. she's generally a pretty good draft analyst, but tends to be a bit VIC biased given how closely she works with the TAC Cup.

Interesting note is that Caleb Daniel and Dean Gore - two of SA's standouts and both have plenty of senior SANFL experience - were not included in her draft... big big surprises (having said that I'm slightly SA biased haha)

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2014, 12:51:27 PM
About Paige Cardona's draft.. she's generally a pretty good draft analyst, but tends to be a bit VIC biased given how closely she works with the TAC Cup.

Interesting note is that Caleb Daniel and Dean Gore - two of SA's standouts and both have plenty of senior SANFL experience - were not included in her draft... big big surprises (having said that I'm slightly SA biased haha)
I asked her on Twitter about Gore. She said even though she hasn't included him once in her phantom drafts (she's done 6 versions), she expects him to be picked up. She reckons he'll go in the 50s, but has seen him as a rookie chance all year.

I think Caleb Daniel will get picked up too, but I reckon he may be a rookie pick.

Toga

Interesting that she hasn't included Gore in any phantom drafts then? ???

Sounds like he's looking like being a second round pick at the moment, would be surprised if Richmond wasn't interested.

As for Daniel a lot of commentary coming through in the last couple of weeks that he is increasingly looking likely to be taken in the rookie draft as Nige says. Hope he gets a shot, he looks like a ripper :)

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 18, 2014, 01:00:57 PM

I asked her on Twitter about Gore. She said even though she hasn't included him once in her phantom drafts (she's done 6 versions), she expects him to be picked up. She reckons he'll go in the 50s, but has seen him as a rookie chance all year.

I think Caleb Daniel will get picked up too, but I reckon he may be a rookie pick.

Her Victorian bias is clearly evident, she's plugging some of these guys even though they stand very little chance of being drafted. Grace was selected at 70 yet wasn't invited to the combine, I think that speaks for itself. I would take her rankings with a grain of salt.

Tominator

Having played alongside Gore for a couple of seasons, that is absurd... If he was Victorian he'd be a 2nd-round pick.

Hellopplz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 17, 2014, 11:08:09 PM
:o he went there
To be honest, think if Saints bypass Petrecca for McCartin, isn't a big deal considering need a replacement in the tall forward department! As for Lamb and McKenzie, both would be great, although I really hope Bombers grab Lamb before 20 to stop you guys :P.

JBs-Hawks

What round are you looking at getting picked up in Tom? :P

Bully

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

Having played alongside Gore for a couple of seasons, that is absurd... If he was Victorian he'd be a 2nd-round pick.

Gore is on Richmond's shortlist, he will likely go at 33 or 52 at the latest.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on November 18, 2014, 01:57:53 PM

Didn't know this, but hoped this would be the case. Glad to hear it!  :D

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on November 18, 2014, 02:01:11 PM
Quote from: Bully on November 18, 2014, 01:57:53 PM

Didn't know this, but hoped this would be the case. Glad to hear it!  :D

He's rated on the Saints watchlist.