Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 16, 2014, 07:23:05 PM
there will be some bargains come draft day, Dyson Heppell slipping to the bombers type of bargains IMO...also an interesting absence from round 1 is Caleb Marchbank....another one ive seen rated all over the draft order
issue there Jobe is on the day and the weeks before people had doubts over Hepps fitness and injury issues. Much like Jelwood. A hindsight pick of course it was a great pick but in reality he could've done a Gumby.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 16, 2014, 09:23:45 PM
there will be some bargains come draft day, Dyson Heppell slipping to the bombers type of bargains IMO...also an interesting absence from round 1 is Caleb Marchbank....another one ive seen rated all over the draft order
issue there Jobe is on the day and the weeks before people had doubts over Hepps fitness and injury issues. Much like Jelwood. A hindsight pick of course it was a great pick but in reality he could've done a Gumby.

Yeah Torp is right. There are tons of players out every year that could either turn into a Heppell or an average player

Ringo

Agree you need to look no further than last year when "Squizzy" Taylor was taken with pick 28 and maybe biased but imo the steal of the draft. Hope we get another steal with our first live pick at 67.

Nige

Could he be the slider of the draft? - Peter Wright

The_Captain

Quote from: Nige on November 17, 2014, 09:21:04 AM

Still think he will be top 10!

Nige

Did Ringo just modify my post instead of quoting?  :o :P

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on November 17, 2014, 11:10:02 AM

#lovesthepower

Memphistopheles

Quote from: noto07 on November 17, 2014, 11:03:45 AM
Quote from: Nige on November 17, 2014, 09:21:04 AM

Starting to look like it Nige!!

Still think he will be top 10!

Wright is in the best few talents in this draft I think. But, I also he'll take a good 2-3 seasons before he's ready to play AFL.

The main reason I think he goes early is that there is no-one else like him in the draft.

Personally I think he goes to GWS at 6 or 7 now that they lost Giles in the offseason. That leaves them with Mummy, Phillips and Lobb as rucks I think. Ideally you want four on your list.

I reckon he goes 6 or 7 as a pose to 4 because the Pies won't take him and the Giants would rather take someone at 4 that Collingwood might be looking at like Laverde, De Goey or Pickett.

Ringo

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 17, 2014, 11:28:42 AM
Quote from: Nige on November 17, 2014, 11:10:02 AM

#lovesthepower
You bet I do  ;) Fixed Old habbits die die hard with positioning of the tabs sometimes go on auto pilot.

Ringo

Nige

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 17, 2014, 12:13:02 PM
Personally I think he goes to GWS at 6 or 7 now that they lost Giles in the offseason. That leaves them with Mummy, Phillips and Lobb as rucks I think. Ideally you want four on your list.

I reckon he goes 6 or 7 as a pose to 4 because the Pies won't take him and the Giants would rather take someone at 4 that Collingwood might be looking at like Laverde, De Goey or Pickett.
Yep, I think the same.

They do have four rucks though, Tom Downie is the other.

Nige

jobe#4

Quote from: Ringo on November 17, 2014, 08:06:54 AM
Agree you need to look no further than last year when "Squizzy" Taylor was taken with pick 28 and maybe biased but imo the steal of the draft. Hope we get another steal with our first live pick at 67.
I agree, absolute steal

jobe#4

Nige