The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Also, locked in at #9 as a F/S pick - Darcy Moore

Nige

Tominator

Quote from: Nige on November 16, 2014, 12:52:14 PM
Nice article by Emma Quayle: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2014-afl-draft-a-level-playing-field-for-recruiters-20141115-11nfn5.html

A very underrated football journalist. Most of what she does is of a high quality, particularly the draft articles

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on November 16, 2014, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 16, 2014, 12:52:14 PM
Nice article by Emma Quayle: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2014-afl-draft-a-level-playing-field-for-recruiters-20141115-11nfn5.html

A very underrated football journalist. Most of what she does is of a high quality, particularly the draft articles
She justified each selection really well, that's what impressed me the most.

Ringo

Agree with you on Emma Quayle very under rated journalist but seems to have a very sound knowledge and has sound reasoning for her selections.

Proves one thing after the Top 4 it is an even draft.  One of the few rating Liam Dawson in top 30

Mr.Craig

Made everyone look like idiots last year.

Bully

Emma rates Cocky in the top ten, she's a very astute judge. Now hopefully Francis Jackson gets on a plane, flies to the NT and watches him in action. There's still time to make the right call.

Tominator

Cockatoo could definitely be a bolter! Still a gamble if he gets taken inside the Top 15 but could pay off very VERY handsomely.

West Coast at 11 and Richmond at 12 have been strongly linked with him; he could go as high as Gold Coast at Pick 9.

Just doing a preliminary phantom draft, it is incredibly hard to split them ranked on talent let alone which pick they'll go at (factoring in clubs' needs). This is one of the hardest drafts to call I think I've ever seen - not a lot of standouts, just so even from about Pick 6 onwards

They key clubs here are GWS at Picks 6 and 7, and Geelong at Pick 10. Those three picks could really shake up the draft

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on November 16, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
They key clubs here are GWS at Picks 6 and 7, and Geelong at Pick 10. Those three picks could really shake up the draft
Yep, been saying this for a while now.

Going to be very interesting.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 13, 2014, 09:43:32 PM
Knightmare over at BigFooty released his updated phantom last week. Some interesting changes.

1. St Kilda - Christian Petracca
2. Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw
3. Melbourne - Patrick McCartin
4. GWS - Jayden Laverde
5. Collingwood - Jordan De Goey
6. GWS - Jake Lever
7. GWS - Hugh Goddard
8. Gold Coast - Jarrod Pickett
9. Collingwood - Darcy Moore
10. Geelong - Peter Wright
11. West Coast - Nakia Cockatoo
12. Richmond - Sam Durdin
13. Fremantle - Corey Ellis
14. Adelaide - Paul Ahern
15. Gold Coast - Kyle Langford
16. North Melbourne - Lachie Weller
17. Essendon - Tom Lamb
18. Sydney - Isaac Heeney
19. Carlton - Jarrod Garlett
20. Essendon - Connor Blakely
21. St Kilda - Liam Duggan

Duggan at 21.

LOL, I thought people were saying this guy knows his stuff?

Duggan doesn't get past the Tigers if he's still available imo.

Bill Manspeaker

he does know his stuff. he had Duggan going earlier than 21 not long ago, something may have happened or something, dunno. I very much hope he's right, but I doubt he'll get that one :P

Toga

I sometimes read through his thread just to see whether there's any new news on guys floating around, and had a bit of time the other day - his latest edition (which he hasn't released yet) has Duggan going at #8 to the Suns!

Just shows how open this draft is.

Vinny

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 16, 2014, 07:03:34 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 13, 2014, 09:43:32 PM
Knightmare over at BigFooty released his updated phantom last week. Some interesting changes.

1. St Kilda - Christian Petracca
2. Melbourne - Angus Brayshaw
3. Melbourne - Patrick McCartin
4. GWS - Jayden Laverde
5. Collingwood - Jordan De Goey
6. GWS - Jake Lever
7. GWS - Hugh Goddard
8. Gold Coast - Jarrod Pickett
9. Collingwood - Darcy Moore
10. Geelong - Peter Wright
11. West Coast - Nakia Cockatoo
12. Richmond - Sam Durdin
13. Fremantle - Corey Ellis
14. Adelaide - Paul Ahern
15. Gold Coast - Kyle Langford
16. North Melbourne - Lachie Weller
17. Essendon - Tom Lamb
18. Sydney - Isaac Heeney
19. Carlton - Jarrod Garlett
20. Essendon - Connor Blakely
21. St Kilda - Liam Duggan

Duggan at 21.

LOL, I thought people were saying this guy knows his stuff?

Duggan doesn't get past the Tigers if he's still available imo.
Bags someone for their opinion and then makes a statement with imo on the end. Logic/10

Tominator

Knightmare definitely knows his stuff. I look at BigFooty every now and then - not a member, just a lurker - and there is some seriously good content.. I've definitely sourced information about potential draftees from that site and from viewing Knightmare's content.

He's good enough to be an AFL recruiter IMO - I wonder how closely AFL clubs follow Phantom Drafts on Internet forums?

My draft is looking similar to that but not quite the same. I highly doubt Duggan will last to #21 - he doesn't in mine - but everybody's got different opinions but it's so open so there's gonna be some fluctuations.

jobe#4

there will be some bargains come draft day, Dyson Heppell slipping to the bombers type of bargains IMO...also an interesting absence from round 1 is Caleb Marchbank....another one ive seen rated all over the draft order