Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 01:07:00 PM
There was a rumour on BigFooty that the Tiges would take Connor Menadue with their first pick.

I feel like we're more likely to take one of his teammates like Liam Duggan or Corey Ellis and hope Menadue lasts to our second rounder.

Won't reach your 2nd :P Well it's unlikely

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 10, 2014, 01:35:54 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 01:07:00 PM
There was a rumour on BigFooty that the Tiges would take Connor Menadue with their first pick.

I feel like we're more likely to take one of his teammates like Liam Duggan or Corey Ellis and hope Menadue lasts to our second rounder.

Won't reach your 2nd :P Well it's unlikely
Hence the word 'hope'.  :P

jobe#4

Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 01:08:14 PM
Oh, and here's a Phantom Draft from Luke McAlister of Bound For Glory.

http://boundforglorynews.com/luke-mcalisters-november-phantom-draft/
looks ok but I question Peter Wright to Richmond as they have a few ruckman in the 2's that cant break in...like Hampson.

and also Duggan going 15-20 is contradictory of what I've heard!

geez Goddard has slipped off of everybodies radars since mid year

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 10, 2014, 04:27:25 PM

looks ok but I question Peter Wright to Richmond as they have a few ruckman in the 2's that cant break in...like Hampson.
Wright won't go to Richmond. First off, we're after the best available mid and then secondly, I still kinda expect him gone by our pick anyway.

jobe#4

Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 04:41:10 PM

Wright won't go to Richmond. First off, we're after the best available mid and then secondly, I still kinda expect him gone by our pick anyway.
Richmond signed Taylor Hunt didn't they? they don't need more mids!

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 10, 2014, 05:18:36 PM

Yeah, but you can never have enough mids, plus I think it's also about taking the best available or whoever slips through.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us cater to positional needs with later picks though, we're gonna have five live picks all up from memory.

jobe#4

Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 05:20:44 PM

Yeah, but you can never have enough mids, plus I think it's also about taking the best available or whoever slips through.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us cater to positional needs with later picks though, we're gonna have five live picks all up from memory.
perhaps but youse have Arnot who cant get a game and is a gun.

bombers delisted like 8 players so we are going to have a crack over the next couple of years I think

Toga

Taylor Hunt will be a role player, but we need a really classy outside mid (a Deledio 2.0). That's where I think Weller, Ahern, Duggan, De Goey will come in, as one of them will slip to Pick 12.

Nige

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 10, 2014, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 10, 2014, 05:20:44 PM

perhaps but youse have Arnot who cant get a game and is a gun.

bombers delisted like 8 players so we are going to have a crack over the next couple of years I think
Arnot was delisted but is being rookied because we picked up Hunt and so that we could take our five national draft picks because this draft pool is so good. Because of his size, when we have played Arnot, they've played him as more of small forward rather than a nuggety, bash and crash inside mid.

jobe#4

i enjoyed watching him play, I don't know how good this draft is though  :P

we will have to wait and see

stew42

Bully

If Wright is available at our pick we will select him, best available by some margin. Here's a guy with a massive tank, can run a 3sec/20 metre sprint, has one of the best kicking actions I've seen from a big fella in quite some time and has kicked bags of 10 & 7 goals in the TAC. Perfect replacement for Maric as well.

Will he be available? Gut says Geelong will pounce at 10.

jobe#4

Quote from: Bully on November 10, 2014, 09:03:24 PM
If Wright is available at our pick we will select him, best available by some margin. Here's a guy with a massive tank, can run a 3sec/20 metre sprint, has one of the best kicking actions I've seen from a big fella in quite some time and has kicked bags of 10 & 7 goals in the TAC. Perfect replacement for Maric as well.

Cats did acquire Stanley and old matey from Melbourne-cant remember his name!

I'd be surprised if he didn't go top 5 or 10...too good of a talent to slide further IMO

Bully

Quote from: jobe#4 on November 10, 2014, 09:45:46 PM
Quote from: Bully on November 10, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

Cats did acquire Stanley and old matey from Melbourne-cant remember his name!

I'd be surprised if he didn't go top 5 or 10...too good of a talent to slide further IMO

The logic behind this rumour is he has been foxing about staying in Victoria, Collingwood have Moore so they will go small, it then becomes Geelong's call, my guess is Wells will take the best available, he's generally a smart operator.