The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

The_Captain

Quote from: Nige on October 31, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 31, 2014, 01:52:26 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 31, 2014, 12:49:16 PM
Forgot to do yesterday's, it was Jake Lever.

Today's player is Harrison Wigg.

Also, if anyone wants to give it a go, here's the full list with silhouettes: http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-countdown

Could probably work out a few of them by looks + typing some of the higher rated prospects names' into Google and looking at their pics.  :P

Dyson Heppell. is that you??

Well Tom Lamb is No.19 I'll give you the hot tip.
I don't have a prize.

Pkbaldy

Chances of Luke Hodges brother, Dylan Hodge finding a new home after the draft?

Mr.Craig

I'd say the chances are very low. Even with all the stuff that has got in the way, you can't go drafting someone who has only played 7 TAC games in their career at an average of 6 disposals.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 01, 2014, 12:28:07 AM
I'd say the chances are very low. Even with all the stuff that has got in the way, you can't go drafting someone who has only played 7 TAC games in their career at an average of 6 disposals.

So massive smokey?

Nige

Today we have a guy with one of the better first names going around - Touk Miller

Mr.Craig

Soon to be a Hawks play if you believe the pundits.

Nige

Shouldn't go past about Pick 15, definitely won't be around any further than Pick 20 even though he hasn't played much footy recently - Caleb Marchbank

Nige

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2014, 10:30:25 AM
Also a bit of talk Peter Wright could slip down to Pick 10-ish: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-02/drift-from-the-wright

Doubtful. Pretty sure GWS will pick 2 talls.

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 02, 2014, 10:31:37 AM
Also a bit of talk Peter Wright could slip down to Pick 10-ish: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-02/drift-from-the-wright

Doubtful. Pretty sure GWS will pick 2 talls.
Exactly, but they're looking at all their options, particularly tall defenders, including guys like Lever, Goddard etc.

Tominator

Could be the Brodie Grundy of a couple of years back. Grundy was basically a lock for Top 5 after the U18 Champs, but slipped to #18

There have been question marks raised over Wright's fitness and speed, but he is a brute of a player.

Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2014, 10:28:40 AM
Shouldn't go past about Pick 15, definitely won't be around any further than Pick 20 even though he hasn't played much footy recently - Caleb Marchbank

Marchbank will be gone by 15.. Could well be gone by Freo's pick at 13.

But the Crows must have traded Pick 10 for Pick 14 for a reason. Apparently that reason is because Hamish Ogilvie is "certain" our first target will still be there at 14. My money is on us getting Marchbank, if Durdin and Goddard have both gone. Could be Nakia Cockatoo if we're after that outside run though.

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 31, 2014, 10:22:34 PM

Lot of talk about Dylan Hodge lately but TBH I think that exposure is coming cos of his brother. Some drafts have him going Top 30 which I cannot see happening... I haven't seen a LOT of him, but he'll go late draft or rookie pick-up at best  IMO

Quote from: Nige on November 01, 2014, 12:56:42 PM
Today we have a guy with one of the better first names going around - Touk Miller

Someone you know is going to be a gun, wherever he goes. One of those blokes who is worthy of a late first-round spot but hasn't had the hype. I'd love him at the Crows but don't think he fits our needs - our midfield is well-stocked with youngsters and there are more pressing needs elsewhere.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Tominator on November 02, 2014, 07:32:27 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 31, 2014, 10:22:34 PM

Lot of talk about Dylan Hodge lately but TBH I think that exposure is coming cos of his brother. Some drafts have him going Top 30 which I cannot see happening... I haven't seen a LOT of him, but he'll go late draft or rookie pick-up at best  IMO

Well I was reading somewhere that he is a really handy golfer. So maybe made the transition a little to late to be able to make it into footy?

Nige

Time for the first father-son of the countdown - Zaine Cordy.

Nige

Very few reasons not to like or pick him - Liam Duggan