Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

If the Catters take Pickett, I reckon we will go Ahern. If both are gone (quite possible) I'd like us to go Duggan/Weller.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on October 26, 2014, 10:51:55 AM
If the Catters take Pickett, I reckon we will go Ahern. If both are gone (quite possible) I'd like us to go Duggan/Weller.

I got a feeling, if Cats pick Pickett (Which I think they will now) you guys might just go the next best home talent (Garlett). But if you didn't go with home talent, you'd get the next best inside midfielder.

Nige

Now that Varcoe's gone, Pickett could certainly become an option.

elephants

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 26, 2014, 11:39:02 AM

I got a feeling, if Cats pick Pickett (Which I think they will now) you guys might just go the next best home talent (Garlett). But if you didn't go with home talent, you'd get the next best inside midfielder.

I dunno, feel like 11 is early for Garlett..

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 26, 2014, 11:47:53 AM

I think it is.

The Giants have 4, 6 and 7 as well as the Cats having 10 is really gonna make for an interesting first round I reckon. Previously said that the Pies at 5 could throw a spanner in the works but I'm pretty convinced they'll take Laverde.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on October 26, 2014, 11:47:53 AM

Not that early. He's expected to go late 1st round super early 2nd. But I think if Pickett is gone, you might just go for Duggan yourselves. No idea what you guys would do if Pickett was gone  :P

Toga

A lot of teams looking for these speedy outside types this year!

Bully

Quote from: Toga on October 26, 2014, 12:19:13 PM

But they traditionally go in the second round, think Hartung, Smith & Hill. For my money Menadue goes before Garlett, he's much quicker and has a bigger upside. Both also have excellent tanks so that's a nil all draw.

Nige

Quote from: Bully on October 26, 2014, 04:06:08 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 26, 2014, 12:19:13 PM

But they traditionally go in the second round, think Hartung, Smith & Hill. For my money Menadue goes before Garlett, he's much quicker and has a bigger upside. Both also have excellent tanks so that's a nil all draw.
I'd like to believe Menadue to could somehow be around at our second pick, but who knows.

Big Mac

I very much doubt Melbourne will be taking a KPF in this draft - Atleast not with their first two picks. Will shake up a lot of mock drafts

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 26, 2014, 07:35:14 PM
I very much doubt Melbourne will be taking a KPF in this draft - Atleast not with their first two picks. Will shake up a lot of mock drafts

Pretty sure if they got Paddy McCartin, in a few years him and Hogan together would completely destroy it. Be stupid not to take him at pick 3.

Big Mac

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 26, 2014, 07:43:48 PM

Pretty sure if they got Paddy McCartin, in a few years him and Hogan together would completely destroy it. Be stupid not to take him at pick 3.

Every chance he flops as well. Roos doesn't draft KPF's. Much harder to judge at TAC cup level so midfielders have a better chance of making it.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 26, 2014, 08:03:34 PM

Every chance he flops as well. Roos doesn't draft KPF's. Much harder to judge at TAC cup level so midfielders have a better chance of making it.

You do understand it's not just Roos who makes these decisions haha. Every chance he could be better then Jesse Hogan. Well worth the risk.

Big Mac

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 26, 2014, 08:10:49 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on October 26, 2014, 08:03:34 PM

You do understand it's not just Roos who makes these decisions haha. Every chance he could be better then Jesse Hogan. Well worth the risk.

I'd say he'd have a bit of input though  :P. Don't think he'll be better than Hogan  ;) but he could well be worth the risk. I just don't think Melbourne will take that risk.

kilbluff1985

read somewhere 85% more chance of an inside mid making a career in the AFL something like that anyway