Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 19, 2014, 08:33:35 PM
I like him too - but when Roos was asked about him he had no idea who he was. Then when he was told he was 168cm, apparently he just laughed

that's interesting, you got a source for that Big Mac?

Jukes

I like him too - but when Roos was asked about him he had no idea who he was. Then when he was told he was 168cm, apparently he just laughed

Good reaction, I generally laugh when I see blokes that short too :3

Big Mac

Quote from: Tominator on September 19, 2014, 09:12:50 PM

that's interesting, you got a source for that Big Mac?

It was said at the Pie Night that was held 4 weeks ago. The post i'm referring to has been removed though  ??? All I could find was someone making a reference to the post

Ringo

Some under 18 years still not have peaked in height with some slower than others to reach their height.  Could be he has a few centimetres to add yet.  For clubs willing to invest in smalls he could be a steal. Brisbanes mosquito squad Taylor (173, Zorko (174)and Green (176) are all on the short side.

If he can be as good as Boomer who btw is only 167cm is definitely worth a risk.

Ricochet

From the AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News page on facebook/twitter

Jon Ralph has said this afternoon on 1116 SEN that St Kilda will draft Christian Petracca, with their first selection and look to trade into the teens and draft another big bodied midfielder.

Nige

Interesting. Thought they might look for a KPP in the draft (could still look at one with a later pick).

Nails

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2014, 02:37:24 PM
Interesting. Thought they might look for a KPP in the draft (could still look at one with a later pick).

Exactly. Why look for the best when you can settle for 18th best, just like their season.

Bill Manspeaker

Petracca is the best prospect in this years draft. #1 pick is for best prospect

we'll find a KPP somewhere else. whether it be Reece McKenzie/someone else or even Free Agency somewhere along the line

Toga

Good move IMO, Tracca looks like a gun 8)

Nails

Quote from: Toga on September 20, 2014, 07:42:21 PM
Good move IMO, Tracca looks like a gun 8)

Never noticed until you mentioned it, but HOLY shower HE DOES

Big Mac

You guys too? I thought only I could see the similarities  :D

Bill Manspeaker

kilbluff1985

TAC Cup GF not on tv? couldn't find on the tvguide

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 21, 2014, 11:30:18 AM
TAC Cup GF not on tv? couldn't find on the tvguide
Nah, don't think it is. Wish ABC showed it before the VFL GF.  :(

3QT #TACCupGF @OakleighCharger 13.10 88 to @CalderCannonsFC 8.4 52. O gls De Goey 3, Moore, Waddell, Rivett 2. C gls Foster, Kerbatieh 2.

3QT stats #TACCupGF @OakleighCharger McLean, Answerth, Crocker 16d, Urban, Kinsella 15. @CalderCannonsFC Ahern 15, Stillman 14, Goodyear 12

My boys Urban and Ahern having good games.  8)

Nige

Chargers were too good this year, like some of their boys were super impressive all season.