Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Apologies for my failure to be active on this thread over the U18 carnival... As I posted on a Coaches board, I've been a bit busy with Year 12 work and had a couple of other things to deal with as well

Year 12 starting to hit the business end now so I will still be on and off sporadically, but my exams are over before the draft so I look forward to making a proper contribution right before the draft.

Anyway... back to the U18s.

Being an SA boy, and having played with/against a lot of the possible SA draftees, I know a lot more about them than I do about guys in other States, so if you've got questions I can hopefully answer them.

Really disappointed for Jake Johansen not being invited to the Draft Combine. Small in size yes, but how many players can have 2 full seasons of SANFL footy under their belt prior to their first eligible draft? He played nearly every game last year for the Port Magpies, and now that their side is choc-full of Power players this year, he's still getting a regular game (when not on U18 duty). State Captain as well, he's got great leadership. I remember playing against him a couple of years back, and he was backing back into packs, tackling blokes much bigger than him, and just a ball-magnet. Absolute freak. Still reckon he's a good Rookie Draft chance, or a late pick. Could prove to be a bargain... I can see Port or Crows picking him up, given his low profile outside of SA.

Caleb Daniel is another pocket rocket who absolutely dominated for SA in the last 2 games particularly. He was injured so missed most of the carnival but proves that you don't have to be big to be good. Was BOG for one of, if not both those games, and to do it on the big stage as well says a lot.

Another small player who didn't get a ticket to the Draft Combine, Josh Hone, is making his SANFL League debut for Sturt this weekend

Mr.Craig

2014 NAB AFL STATE DRAFT COMBINE LIST

NSW/ACT
Liam Griffiths Ainslie
Jordan Foote UNSW-Easts

NORTHERN TERRITORY
Marcus Hamilton Big River Hawks

QUEENSLAND
Robert Blood Southport
Paul Hunter Redlands
Will Kristelly Brisbane Lions Academy

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Sam Baulderstone Norwood
Mac Bower Norwood
Henry Carey Sturt
Brad Coulson Port Adelaide
Ben Edwards Glenelg
Adam Gulden South Adelaide
Josh Hone Sturt
Jake Johansen Port Adelaide
Conor McLean Central Districts
Matt Panos Norwood
Zac Richards Norwood
Peter Spurling Glenelg
Brett Turner West Adelaide
Jesse Watchman West Adelaide
Callum Wilkie North Adelaide

TASMANIA
Matt Hanson Western Storm
Caleb Hislop Burnie
Tim Jones Western Storm
Mitch Rainbird Glenorchy
Josh Watts Glenorchy

VFL
Daniel Coghlan Essendon VFL
Michael Hartley Coburg
Jack Johnstone Williamstown
Adam Marcon Williamstown
Nick Newman Frankston
Jake Owen Williamstown
Adam Saad Coburg
Sam Tagliabue Essendon VFL
Shannon Taylor Frankston

VIC COUNTRY
Sam Bennett North Ballarat Rebels
Dale Bailey Dandenong Stingrays
Daniel Davie Bendigo Pioneers
Nick Dixon Geelong Falcons
Billy Evans Bendigo Pioneers
Campbell Floyd Geelong Falcons
Dylan Hodge Geelong Falcons
Harrison Kol Geelong Falcons
Joe Maishman Geelong Falcons
Oscar McDonald North Ballarat Rebels
Nick Mellington Murray Bushrangers
David Mennen Murray Bushrangers
Teia Miles Geelong Falcons
Jesse Palmer North Ballarat Rebels
Tom Templeton North Ballarat Rebels
Aaron Wilson Dandenong Stingrays

VIC METRO
Ben Allan Calder Cannons
Hugh Beasley Oakleigh Chargers
Will Fordham Sandringham Dragons
Jayden Foster Calder Cannons
Taylor Grace Sandringham Dragons
Matt Jackson Oakleigh Chargers
Bailey Jordan Northern Knights
Mark Kovacevic Calder Cannons
Michael Manteit Sandringham Dragons
Garrett McDonagh Northern Knights
Sean McLaren Sandringham Dragons
Toby McLean Oakleigh Chargers
Billy Myers Western Jets
Rielly O'Brien Calder Cannons
Fraser Pearce Oakleigh Chargers
Rory Sheridan-Ferrie Eastern Ranges
Jayden Short Northern Knights
Jack Sinclair Oakleigh Chargers
Sam Switkowski Northern Knights
Ryan Tester Northern Knights
Lachlan Waddell Oakleigh Chargers
Tom Wilkinson Sandringham Dragons

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Brenden Abbott Claremont
Matthew Ah Siu South Fremantle
Sam Bevan Claremont
Blaine Boekhorst Swan Districts
Darcy Cameron Claremont
Rick Cary Swan Districts
Adam Creeper Subiaco
Jarrod Hardisty Claremont
Alex Howard Swan Districts
Ryan Lim Claremont
Cameron Loersch South Fremantle
Dylan Nelson Swan Districts
Matthew Palfrey Claremont
Haiden Schloithe South Fremantle
Bradley Walsh Claremont
Alec Waterman Claremont
Dylan Winton Peel Thunder
Shane Yarran Subiaco

Ringo

kilbluff1985

Tominator

This is the player getting me REALLY excited. His potential is absolutely massive. Hoping and praying like hell he gets to the Crows

Toga

He's the one I want at Richmond, and think he would fit well into the side. Tomorrow night might decide all ;)

Big Mac

Quote from: Tominator on August 15, 2014, 10:09:13 AM

This is the player getting me REALLY excited. His potential is absolutely massive. Hoping and praying like hell he gets to the Crows

I'm hoping Roos can pull off one of his player + pick deals and we can grab him :D

Tominator

There's one bloke not in that phantom Top 20 who I think should be - Dean Gore. From Sturt (SA), he's been playing at League level in the SANFL all season. 183cm and 86kg, inside midfielder... quite similar to Luke Dunstan. Ready-made and can play Round 1 next year, he's a very good user of the footy, is good overhead and a strong tackler. I've played both with and against him so I know this first hand.

If he was Victorian he'd be rated a lot higher at the moment IMO. Could prove to be a 2nd round bargain if he slips that far, reckon he'll go 20-30 but is definitely worthy of Top 15-20.

Kellogscrunchynut

Tominator

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on August 16, 2014, 01:05:52 PM
Anyone heard much of Jarrod Korewha? plays for the North Ballarat Rebels and has a mullet to die for

https://www.facebook.com/LocalFootyMullets/photos/pb.426566864118211.-2207520000.1408157563./570433403064889/?type=3&theater

Going by the top he's wearing here, he's in North Ballarat's U16 squad so not eligible until 2016. That's quite a mullet though, great find.

kilbluff1985

Vinny

Ricochet

Nails

are there many mids who should turn into fantasy sluts?

Nige