Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

According to Paige Cardona the next few years are light on when it comes to big Key Fwds, especially in the same talent/potential as McCartin. So thats why Saints are seriously considering him

Pkbaldy

If Saints pick McCartin over Petracca. I'm not going to even bother with supporting them next year.
I'll just go for....North. Probably be less frustrating.

Vinny

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 05:41:13 PM
If Saints pick McCartin over Petracca. I'm not going to even bother with supporting them next year.
What's so bad with picking McCartin? Petrecca has just been hyped big time.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Vinny on November 24, 2014, 05:45:25 PM

Well if you looked at his stats you can understand why. The successor to Nroo doesn't have to be someone used with Pick 1. I can see Reece McKenzie being just as good if not better then McCartin anyway. And there is a massive chance he would still be there. So to me Petracca + McKenzie beats McCartin + Neal-Bullen/Ellis/Garlett.

kilbluff1985

god not North

Pkbaldy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 24, 2014, 05:47:48 PM

god not North

That's how frustrating i'm seeing this situation. "We will be taking the best person in the draft, regardless of role or position." Yet to do the complete opposite and choose someone based on their role. So screw it.... I'll go for north. Saints have done it too many times with drafting.

_wato

Vinny

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 05:47:44 PM

Well if you looked at his stats you can understand why. The successor to Nroo doesn't have to be someone used with Pick 1. I can see Reece McKenzie being just as good if not better then McCartin anyway. And there is a massive chance he would still be there. So to me Petracca + McKenzie beats McCartin + Neal-Bullen/Ellis/Garlett.
I've seen his stats and know he will be a freak. Just saying, McCartin was meant to be Pick 1 for a long time and is clearly talented, so I highly doubt he's a bad pick. Nothing to change clubs over. It makes sense that you are getting a key forward. Dude McCartin is a potential pick 1, McKenzie is good but he isn't Top 10 even. I think you are underestimating McCartin because of the Petrecca hype.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 24, 2014, 05:47:44 PM

McCartin is still quality man. He's always been considered a worthy #1 pick.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: _wato on November 24, 2014, 05:51:14 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 24, 2014, 05:47:48 PM
god not North

Still butthurt after the elimination final loss KB? ;)

hated them long before then would of liked a win but we were just making up the numbers was pretty meaningless to me

Pkbaldy

Sorry I just think we would be better off with Petracca/McKenzie. And we still need to give Tom Lee and Spencer White time. They could still be a handy replacement to Nroo.

_wato

Paige Cardona on twitter really getting hyped about the chances of Melbourne getting Petracca and Brayshaw., and Saints getting Mccartin yet only a few hours earlier posted her top ten as being

My Updated Top 10
STK Petracca, MEL Brayshaw, MEL McCartin, GWS Pickett, COL De Goey, GWS Goddard, GWS Ahern, GCS Duggan, COL Moore, GEE Laverde

So I don't know what to believe to be honest.. Always thought Petracca was better but the fact that there may be a lack of talls in the near future may be swaying St Kilda to think otherwise as Rico stated earlier

Hopefully the Petracca and Brayshaw duo don't end up bust like Scully and Trengove did at Picks #1 and #2.

Torpedo10

How could the Saints not pick this guy?

Vinny

I understand you want the best play available, but McCartin for ages was considered Pick 1 so he is arguably the best player available too. Your forward line can't rely on Lee and White man.

kilbluff1985

i don't think they need McCartin

Petracca is a very good overhead mark will be a very hand half forward pushing into the middle

they got Membrey also, White looks promising and needs games to develop