Main Menu

The 2014 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Tominator, May 01, 2014, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Mr.Craig

Flower me, who did Peter Wright piss off?

Big Mac

very interesting stuff indeed

Weller won't slide to 17 and Goddard + De Goey + Langford won't go that early. I can see Wright sliding but maybe not that far

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 09, 2014, 04:06:49 PM
very interesting stuff indeed

Weller won't slide to 17 and Goddard + De Goey + Langford won't go that early. I can see Wright sliding but maybe not that far
The Giants loves Goddard, they rate him the best of the talls like that apparently. 

De Goey seems to suddenly getting some Bontempelli like love as a potential bolter.

Langford is the same, his stocks have risen and he's got many suitors, so it's a matter if who bites first.

Petracca and Brayshaw are certainly 1 and 2. Between Lever and McCartin for 3. Pick 4 is anybody's guess.

Tominator

De Goey at Pick 4 is a really interesting one... He's got a bit of X Factor about him but Pick 4?? There are better options out there for mine. Same with Langford, don't rate him as a Top 10 but recruiters clearly have better inside knowledge than I do

And Goddard at Pick 6, when some touting he wouldn't go in the Top 13.

Guess it proves how hard a draft this is going to be to predict. Petracca, McCartin and Brayshaw will be the Top three but besides that it's gonna be anybody's guess now. There really are so many blokes who are worthy of Top 20 spots - I think this has gotta be one of, if not THE most even draft ever

Tominator

Also, sorry for my recent inactivity lately. For those who don't know I'm in the middle of my SACE Year 12 exams

My final exam is next Monday, so after that I will complete a Phantom Draft... I plan on doing detailed descriptions for the Top 20 at this stage, and then maybe a draft order after that, but we'll see. If you'd like a detailed description on an individual player I haven't mentioned in my Top 20, I'd be happy to do that as well upon request, particularly for South Australians

As most of you would have realised by now, it's an incredibly even draft and I honestly have no idea what way I'm going to predict my Top 20, but stay tuned!

Mr.Craig

stew42

Same here Tom, always value your opinion :)

jobe#4

the draft in the Herald Sun today was a bit strange...them thinking Wright will go to the bomber in the late teens is a stretch!

but I guess it has been widely agreed on the Petrecca, McMartin and Brayshaw will got top 3.

given how the predicted draft has shaped so far this year I could see a couple of team getting bargains! no bigger then Heeney though

Nige

Arguably the most exciting player in this year's draft pool and definitely one the most unique and versatile - Jayden Laverde

Ricochet

Not surprised they predict Wright to slip that low.  Clubs now have the mentality that Ruckmen will sit in the 2s, develop, get frustrated with lack of opportunity, and request a trade. Since they take so long to develop,  clubs will turn away from using early first round picks on them

meow meow

Quote from: Ricochet on November 10, 2014, 09:41:11 AM
Not surprised they predict Wright to slip that low.  Clubs now have the mentality that Ruckmen will sit in the 2s, develop, get frustrated with lack of opportunity, and request a trade. Since they take so long to develop,  clubs will turn away from using early first round picks on them

Wright isn't much of a ruckman. In the AIS vs Collingwood reserves game he got absolutely slaughtered by Witts and looked awful. As a key forward he lacks contested marking ability so I can see why he might slide.

Nige

There was a rumour on BigFooty that the Tiges would take Connor Menadue with their first pick.

I feel like we're more likely to take one of his teammates like Liam Duggan or Corey Ellis and hope Menadue lasts to our second rounder.

Nige

Ricochet

Quote from: meow meow on November 10, 2014, 01:03:44 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 10, 2014, 09:41:11 AM

Wright isn't much of a ruckman. In the AIS vs Collingwood reserves game he got absolutely slaughtered by Witts and looked awful. As a key forward he lacks contested marking ability so I can see why he might slide.
Oh ok, yeh fair enough then. Even more reason for him to drop down then I guess