Previous topic - Next topic

BenDog

C Enright, H Shaw, S Fisher, L Hodge, J Gram, T Kenelly, J Hunt

M Macguire, P Davis

G Ablett, S Mitchel, R Griffen, S Burgoyne, D Martin, T Scully

R Bastinac, M Barlow

D Hille, N Natinui

R Warnock, J Roughead

A Goodes, M Pavlich, B Harvey, L Franklin, P Dangerfield, P Medhurst, T Rockliff

J Hitchcock, J Possiadly

$163, to upgrade a ruck but not sure which one to get rid of....

hawk_88

Get rid of Hille.

Kreuzer is a good safe replacement or Tippett is also good.

Wanna take a risk? I take no responsibility for the outcome but I think the dark horse of the ruck this year is Jesse White. Going to be playing up forward for the Swans as the 3rd tall. Showed at the end of last season the this preseason that he has the talent to play up forward. Given that he will get the 3rd tall defender, expect him to do really well. Would actually save you some money.

Could go McIntosh + White with that money.

c4v3m4n

I'm surprised at you hawk_88, being a Hawthorn supporter I thought you of all people should have mentioned that Burgoyne is still injured...  ;)

hawk_88

He asked advice about the ruck, I gave it. It also depends on whether he is playing for overall standing or for league victory. If that latter, Burgoyne should be right round 2 or 3 based on reports I am reading from both the club and those observing his training (and trust me, I am reading a lot!).

What do you think about White?

c4v3m4n

Most ruckman these days have a stint in the forward line (Clark, Kreuzer, Fraser) or are now there permanently (Petrie, Hille, Cloke, Kozi).

IMO, Seaby will be better than White. Seaby will be Sydney's #1 ruckman (cause lets face it, who else have they got; Mumford's certainly not ready) and because of this, he will score big. He's already looked good in the pre-season and he should take that great form into Round 1 and beyond.

hawk_88

The thing about White is that his move to the forward line will be permanent. When Bradshaw retires he will be the full forward. He is no longer a ruck despite him only being able to be picked as a ruck in SC.

Mumford will be the number 2, there is no question however I think White will be have a 40-60 goal season, especially because he will have the 3rd defender.

c4v3m4n

Porplyzia kicked 52 goals last year and came 6th in the Coleman Medal last year. There is no way White could match that in only his 3rd year of AFL (his first year he only played 3 times, so really you could say its only his 2nd year).

hawk_88

He played full forward from round 16-22 in what was, as you said, effectively his first season of AFL. He scored 16 goals in those 7 games, on the full back. That is an average of a little under 2.3 goals per game. At that rate after a season of 22 games he would have scored 50.

This is effectively a first year player playing in the key position of full forward scoring at a rate that leads to 50 goals in a season.

He played 1 NAB game against the Saints, which has arguably the best defence in the league and without Bradshaw to take the full back, scored 4.2 .

I think he very well could score 40-60 this year.

ronl

I'm going to side with you Hawk on the Jesse White question.  What impresses me is that Roos has been talking about him since virtually the end of 09, and he couldn't get him to a permanent spot in the forward line fast enough.  I think he's well worth picking as a second ruck at the price, but so is Seaby, some good value running around in Sydney this year.