Top 2000 last year, need help to crack the 1000

Started by Got Buckleys, March 13, 2010, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got Buckleys

Top 2000 last year, won my league and have changed this side a million times. Any thoughts??

Backs
Drummond
Enright
Kelly J
O'Brian
Kennelly
Malceski
Moore
(McGuire, Silvani)

Mids
Ablett
Hodge
Cooney
Boak
Armitage
Martin
(Banner, Barlow)

Rucks
Sandilands
Jolly
(Skipper, Lobbe)

Fwds
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Harvey
Hall
Medhurst
Mayne
Rockcliff
(Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

MC

Hodge out of position? Any reason?
Harry O is an interesting choice as well - what's your thinking behind that? I'd say he'll be more interested in shutting his opponent down than in creating opportunities, but may prove me wrong!
Pretty good team otherwise.

Got Buckleys

Thanks for that mate.

Hodge as mmp with J kelly. Not sure about harry o... insider knowledge has told me he will be more of a rebound player this year and with his athleticism i can understand it. Not sure about his foot skills, but is a very influencial playmaker. Still have 60k in the bank

MC

Don't get me wrong, i love the bloke! Unfortunately though for SC purposes i think Shaw will be playing that role and racking up the points this year. Good idea with the MPP, You could use that 60k to up Hall to Tippett to use as a MPP with Lobbe if you so chose?

alman

Strong looking side.

Backs - A few unique choices that just might pay off. O'Brien playing rebound in nab but i'm with MC in that i think that role will still be reserved for Shaw. Keep an eye on Moore, should be playing but not certain, good coverage with Maguire.

Mids - Apart from Ablett seems like they might be a bit weak, another 500k player would strengthen them up. In saying that they all have the potential to all to score really well.

Rucks - Awesome duo.

Forwards - All good choices, usual risk with Rockliff starting.

9/10 - not sure about your mids but spend the money wisely elsewhere. Team has the potential to sink or fly  :)

Jim Bean

Very unique team. I like unique.

Cooney, Boak, Kelly, O'brian, Drummond (kinda), Harvey, Medhurst, Mayne are all unique picks and might make you have a significant advantage on eveyrone else.

The only problem I am seeing with your side is age. Quite a few of your players are nearing 30, and you may need to be careful with injuries.

But I like your style.