So, whatcha think of my team? Version 5

Started by c4v3m4n, March 13, 2010, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Alright. After spending the last week deliberating, taking in suggestions, tweaking my team etc. it is official. I have gone mad. Supercoach mad.

I have spent more time researching and tweaking my team than I have working. I can remember the prices of most of the players now. :o This madness has to stop and it does with a team that I have think is nicely balanced and it looks very good.

So, here it is.

Backline

Enright, Hurn, Hodge, Macdonald, Hooker, Malceski, Ladson
(Maguire, Silvagni)

Midfield

Ablett, Dal Santo, Mitchell, Masten, Martin, Barlow
(Banner, Moles)

Ruck

Clark, Naitanui
(Warnock, Skipper)

Forward

Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Higgins, Tippett*, Hall, Dangerfield, Ballantyne
(Rockliff, Stewart)

* In realise his inconsistencies, but i'm going with my gut on this one.

Any and all comments and ratings are very helpful and very much appreciated.  :D

Thanks in advance,

The "Now SC Mad" Caveman.

PS. Changes to the team are in red.

hespey

midfield very strong!

love macdonald in the back. not shoenmakers though.

rucks.. not sold on picking number 2 ruckmen, but of all the ones you could pick, hes a good choice.

forwards.. strong. not liking warren, but still solid.

9.5/10

c4v3m4n

Thanks. I potentially have enough money to upgrade Warren to Mayne or Ballantyne. Better/worse/no different?

Also, any suggestion on a replacement for Shoenmakers?

hespey

i dno, i would consider medhurst a better option than both all 3. with leon moving up the field, and rocca gone, i think he could get a lot more of it. again, he is inconsistent. tough call in the forward line.

i dont think shoenmakers is a better option than waters. i know it is the NAB cup but waters averaged 20 odd points moer than shoen.
also, waters is cheaper.

all line calls, thats why i rated your team a 9.5/10. its not perfect but improving would be difficult!!  :-\

c4v3m4n

Walker then maybe up forward...cheaper and his playing off HF. Had an impressive pre-season and kicked two goals tonight against Blues to go with a couple more in other games.

Waters has never played a full season due to injuries. Really only to be used as a cash cow. I'm really trying to pick a team where I dont have to use so many trades. Plus, he averaged 20 more in DT, I haven't seen any SC scores for any NAB Challenge games, unless you have. ???

MC

Oh mate, i know exactly what you mean! Final year of uni this year... Studying? Oh yeah i am.. Studying NAB form and potential cash cows! Haha/

Anyway, very solid team, one of the best i've seen. I like Waters this year, although alot don't. At the end of the day it's up to you mate, it's your call and once you've made that decision you either reap the rewards or cop the hit.
Good luck!

c4v3m4n

Thanks MC. Yeah the TAFE homework is still sitting pretty much untouched from last week. Its going have to sit a little bit longer with a NAB Challenge game to be watched (going to see Rich v Ess, let you know some details).

I really have learned a lot from the last two years of playing Supercoach. Research are like trades, the more you have (done/have), the better off you are.

But I can see that this week, there may be some sleepless nights and not because of the workload!  ;D

Agent Orange

very good team.  i like the point of difference down back (hooker).
i think yours is the first team ive seen with him.

in summary, AMAZING team

Prospector_1

c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad, c4v3m4n has gone mad.  ::) ::) ::)

Franklin up and down as you know, that's why i won't have him, but that's down to preference - he's sure good value. Hall has the thug problem, and if you're lucky you'll get what you want before he blows a fuse.

I like top gun rucks, so i worry about Naita when Big Coxy's there (whereas you get a lot of talk worrying about Cox because Naita's there. Now which of those makes sense - based on current evidence?)

Scotland is an "original" pick for the backline. Possibly dictated by the cash, since the rest of the team makes sense to me apart from rucks.

Apart from personal preferences, if it was up to think about changes, I'd look at why I had Scotland and Naita, and think who else could get those jobs done.

Good Luck, and get back to bloody work, will you!

c4v3m4n

Yeah, I have been thinking about Franklin and Naitanui a bit...a long with several other players. Hence the lack of work.  :-\

I can get Higgins for Franklin, but as for Naitanui, I really dont have that sort of cash to be able to get a second top ruckman. Unless you can think of a viable option?  :D

I chose Scotland for three reasons, because of the obvious cash restriction, because he was "original" and because he seems to be having a great pre-season (we try not to read into NAB Cup form  ::)). I could upgrade him to either one of the Shaws.

Thanks for the comments Prospector. Thanks too Agent Orange!  ;D

hawk_88

That team has improved...

Shoenmakers not a great pick this year, and you know how highly I rate him (next Brian Lake for those who don't know). Not the year to jump on him though.

Scotland is interesting. Can't say that I have heard much of his preseason but he has always been a very solid player. Is getting older though, might make him a little inconsistent but that is wild speculation.

Not a Warren fan personally.

c4v3m4n

What would be your suggestions to be able to upgrade Shoenmakers and Warren?

Scotland is gone to a shoulder injury last night, he's now replaced by Hurn.

hawk_88

Like Hurn, good replacement!

Any combination of the following you can afford...

Def: Ladson, Hunt, Raines, Williams, Farmer, Waters, Sheppard

Fwd: Staker, Ballantyne, (from this point on put Rockliff on the field) Rohan, Hitchcock

Not going to pick the team for you... I am playing against you ;)

c4v3m4n

Well, I reckon I got the combo right now! Check it out above...  ;D

hawk_88

Best yet. Can't really fault it. Actually I lie.

Moles... still don't think he will break into the 22.

Jumping off the Gia train and on to my Higgins train? What happened to not reading into NAB form too closely...

And because I know you want too, why not move Tippett into the ruck in place of Clark and jump on HARVEY!