WXV Round 4: Cobras/Brewers match of the round

Started by ossie85, April 08, 2014, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 4      AFL Round 4   

New Delhi Tigers   v   Mexico City Suns   Tata Stadium   
Tokyo Samurai   v   Dublin Destroyers   Tokyo Olympic Stadium   EurAsian Premiership Match
Cairo Sands   v   PNL Reindeers   Borg El Arab Stadium   
Seoul Magpies   v   Beijing Thunder   Seoul World Cup Stadium   Asian Premiership Match
Wellington Warriors   v   New York Revolution   The Basin Reserve   AAP Alliance Premiership Match
Pacific Islanders   v   Buenos Aires Armadillos   Linkbelt Oval, Aiwo, Nauru   AAP Alliance Premiership Match
Cape Town Cobras   v   Berlin Brewers   Newlands Cricket Ground   
London Royals   v   Moscow Spetsnaz   London Olympic Stadium   European Premiership Match
Toronto Wolves   v   Sao Paulo Pumas   Rogers Centre   Americas Premiership Match

New Delhi are coming off a rare win! And they run into Mexico City as its reward....

Tokyo look to upset Dublin, who were very impressive last week in a loss, while Dublin have #1 spot in its eyes.

Cairo would go in as favourites against PNL, but they will be nervous. It is 4th v 6th after all!

Seoul and Beijing has an interesting vibe to it.... the winner will be 2-2, which would be better than expectations.

The Warriors host New York, with the Revolution surprisingly finding themselves at 2-1. Wellington aren't too far away from a win, and this could be one of its better chances.

I don't think Pacific have much a chance against Buenos Aires... though the Armadillos were far from impressive last week and only won on home advantage.

Cape Town are 1-2, and the 2012 runners-up are on the precipice. While an injury ravaged Berlin need to win to get back in the 8. My match of the round.

The winless London host Moscow at home. Moscow look decently placed, while London are in wooden spoon calculations....

The winless Wolves face off against the 1-2 Pumas.... A loss to either here would be disastrous.

Toga

Getting in early once again:

Beijing Thunder
D: H.Taylor, C.Hooker, J.Hunt, E.Yeo
M: O.Wines (C), L.Shiels (VC), M.Rosa, D.Stanley
R: B.Grundy
F: J.Caddy, S.Mayes, E.Betts, T.Varcoe
I/C: J. Aish, M.Jones

Emg: A.Toovey (DEF), L.Neale (MID), J.Butcher (FWD)

*Sub rule in place.

CrowsFan

Think for me this week it's just going to be a case of picking who has been selected for their sides rather than actually deciding between players. Last week I have 21 players take the field, but of that lot Smith and Adams have picked up 1 week suspensions and Masten is injured, which takes me down to 18. Then Ben Jacobs as a late replacement may get dropped back to the VFL with Ziebell back in the side and surely White will get dropped because he is useless! That leaves me with possibly just 16 players to choose from this week! :o

Toga

Welcome to our world Badge :P

Our forward line was a shambles this week but hopefully Caddy & Mayes can get back in form to complement the form of skipper Ollie Wines (who has taken over beautifully from Krooz) averaging 116, and the in-form defender of the comp Cale Hooker who is currently averaging 104. Keep it up boys!

Holz

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 08, 2014, 05:51:02 PM
Think for me this week it's just going to be a case of picking who has been selected for their sides rather than actually deciding between players. Last week I have 21 players take the field, but of that lot Smith and Adams have picked up 1 week suspensions and Masten is injured, which takes me down to 18. Then Ben Jacobs as a late replacement may get dropped back to the VFL with Ziebell back in the side and surely White will get dropped because he is useless! That leaves me with possibly just 16 players to choose from this week! :o

dont think many would have picked the pumas to be struggling with depth issues.

Dublin is having problems of its own. Walters and Dixon now out from my forward line and with Rance maybee out again im down to 16 starter quality players. have 4-5 in the reserves but really dont want to play them.

Memphistopheles

Gee this really is a good week to play Berlin.

No Fyfe, Crouch or Steven for them.

If we can't win this one then I think our Top 4 hopes are definitely shot and our finals hopes will be hanging by a thread.

Nige

All these teams struggling is making for a quality lel.

#cruising

Purple 77

Quote from: Memphistopheles on April 08, 2014, 06:50:49 PM

If we can't win this one then I think our Top 4 hopes are definitely shot and our finals hopes will be hanging by a thread.

Steven MIGHT come back this week, but most likely in VFL

Yes. Will be an interesting match, hopefully my inconsistent depth players all decide to play well this week  :P

ossie85

Quote from: NigeyS on April 08, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

#cruising

This is the point where Pnl have won the game

Jinxed yourself

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on April 08, 2014, 06:56:18 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on April 08, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

#cruising

Jinxed yourself
#NoMummyNoCairo

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on April 08, 2014, 06:56:18 PM

Jinxed yourself
No chance.  :P

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 08, 2014, 06:58:41 PM
#NoMummyNoCairo
He's going to play, and he's going to kill it like last week.  ;)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Memphistopheles on April 08, 2014, 06:50:49 PM

Think your top 4 hopes went our the door as the youth policy you took came into the door :P

kilbluff1985

Tokyo

D: Carlisle, Suckling, Broughton, T. Richards
M: K. Jack (CC), S. Selwood (EVC), N. Suban, M. Gleeson
R: D. Simpson
F: L. Parker, L. Dahlhaus, J. Merrett, A. Fasolo
I/C: T. West, S. Mitchell

Emerg A. Kennedy, more to come hopefully :-X

Notable outs Judd, Tippett, Ibbotson, Shuey, Motlop, Henderson,

half our best XV :'(

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2014, 07:08:10 PM
Tokyo

M: K. Jack (CC), S. Selwood (EVC), N. Suban, M. Gleeson
I/C: T. West, S. Mitchell

Evc?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2014, 07:08:10 PM
Tokyo

M: K. Jack (CC), S. Selwood (EC), N. Suban, M. Gleeson
I/C: T. West, S. Mitchell (CC)

do we name an emergency captain if using co captains? i forgot to put Mitchell as CC