what to do with Hampson

Started by YoungGun, April 04, 2014, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGun

Hey Guys just thought id throw my problem out to all of you!

Got Hampson assuming that he would do well being the sole ruckman until Maric returned, he has obviously delivered as expected.

The original plan was to only hold him until Maric returned so now he isnt getting this price rise and there is no guarantee he will play next week what should i do?

Already have to trade hurn to swallow, option is either to hold and hope he plays next week or trade to hickey

what do we think ??

YoungGun

Current team after the hurn to swallow trade is;

Swallow, McVeigh, Mitchell, Suckers, Langdon, Lmac (Langford, Georgiou)

Gaz, Cotchin, Libba, Beams, Shiels, Tyson, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan, Michie)

Sandi, Hampson (Derickx, Currie)

Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Parker, Pav, Higgins (Rohan, JKH)

Bully

I'm in the same boat, have already traded Hurn to Swallow and will be trading Hampson to Mumford. If you don't have the funds then grab Hickey or Hmac.

tor01doc

Bully

YoungGun

That would be a good solution Doc

Bully, I'm really iffy on trading him to hickey, not going to know whether his foot is alright until after the trade and I'm not interested in Hmac. "Knee Complaint'' doesn't sound like more than a one week issue to me but I'm struggling to have confidence in that theory

Holding Hampson will allow me to go Michie to Thomas, but then if hampson is out for a few weeks I am screwed!

YoungGun

If Sandi pulls 250 tonight then Hampson would be a good loophole, hopefully that will make my decision for me!

Bully

Quote from: YoungGun on April 04, 2014, 01:01:17 PM
That would be a good solution Doc

Bully, I'm really iffy on trading him to hickey, not going to know whether his foot is alright until after the trade and I'm not interested in Hmac. "Knee Complaint'' doesn't sound like more than a one week issue to me but I'm struggling to have confidence in that theory

Holding Hampson will allow me to go Michie to Thomas, but then if hampson is out for a few weeks I am screwed!

He's a 1-2 week proposition, that has just been conformed by the club. If it was a definite 1 week absence then I would ride it out with Currie. Two weeks and it becomes a real liability both with cash generation & points scoring. Currie is just too much of a risk, particularly given he'll be up against a rampaging Port team this week.

If you don't have the cash for Mummy then roll the dice and hope he's back.   

jfitty

I keep changing my mind with him  :(

Last thing I want to do is trade him to Hickey, who is then a late withdrawl.

Can't really play Currie for more than a week I reckon, and Hampson still has plenty of money to make before Maric returns.

Ugh!

Bully

Quote from: jfitty on April 04, 2014, 01:17:55 PM
I keep changing my mind with him  :(

Last thing I want to do is trade him to Hickey, who is then a late withdrawl.

Can't really play Currie for more than a week I reckon, and Hampson still has plenty of money to make before Maric returns.

Ugh!

It's completely blown my plans out of the water as well. Everything was coming together nicely after a horrific week and I had plans to bring in Matt Thomas for Michie. Then the Hampson bombshell. Ultimately Hampson was only ever going to be a stop gap until the ruck situation crystalised, it would appear that Mumford may well be staking his claim as a top 2 ruck so I'm just going to make the upgrade now and hopefully set and forget. The fact that he's never played a full season is a bit of a worry but I figure I can always upgrade Currie to a decent back-up in due course, I just hope mummie doesn't go down in the next few weeks.

If you only have enough cash for a sideways switch then wait for the final teams to be announced and bring in Hickey if he's named, or go with Hmac (Simpson has been dropped which is a great sign).

One can always wait on Hampson but 2 weeks is a disaster if you're going for top spot.

manish93

Spite

tor01doc

Quote from: manish93 on April 04, 2014, 04:31:49 PM
n00b

A memorable first post. Legendary start.

And he barracks for Collingwood!   ::)

AaronKirk

Your best bet if you cannot afford Mumford is to keep Hampson this week and take Currie's score. T

Then deal with Hampson next week if he does not come back in.