Pav to Taylor/Ambrose, Michie to Swallow???

Started by sya87, April 04, 2014, 10:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sya87

interesting trade I have thought up here.

Firstly, making cash by bringing in a rookie for pav; who is the best option as an on field rookie between Lewis Taylor and Ambrose?

then I will swing Langdon into my mids whilst upgrading michie to swallow.

just wondering if anyone is in a similar predicament and whether or not they believe this trade is a positive one.

Ricochet

Keep Pav mate.

And if you already have Polec, Tyson, Ellis, Dunstan then go Michie to MThomas or LTaylor.

GCSkiwi

Give Pav more time I reckon...
I'm really gutted about Michie as I actually think he isn't that bad and I spent a lot of time trying to convinve people that Michie to Thomas was a worthless trade, and he repays my loyalty with getting dropped. Michie to Thomas now looks pretty good. Pav and Michie to Swallow and Taylor/Ambrose is pretty sideways...

sya87

will the pav be a top 8 forward is the question I cant seem to answer. I like the michie to taylor idea though. there should be a lot more downgrade targets in the midfield as compared to the forwards this year. being able to swing in JKH/Higgins/rohan for a midfield upgrade/downgrade could prove very handy once they juicen up.

sya87

how is it sideways? Pav to rookie and then rookie to swallow who is premo. its as downgrade/upgrade as it gets as far as corrective trading goes this week. That's how I perceive it anyway What is your thinking with it being sideways GCSkiwi?

tor01doc

GCSkiwi

Quote from: sya87 on April 04, 2014, 12:00:43 PM
how is it sideways? Pav to rookie and then rookie to swallow who is premo. its as downgrade/upgrade as it gets as far as corrective trading goes this week. That's how I perceive it anyway What is your thinking with it being sideways GCSkiwi?

Because the net change is prem to prem and rookie to rookie :)

Pav to Swallow and Michie to Taylor/Ambrose, seems nice because Swallow looks a near dead cert for a top defender, while Pav is sketchy for a top forward, and Taylor/Ambrose are going better than Michie, especially now he's been dropped. But you can't throw out Pav based on 2 games, you backed him to come good, did you expect it would be immediate? And I don't think you should count on Swallow maintaining his current average. I suspect you'll want him by years end but don't panic about getting him now. I got him because Hurn was injured, if I didn't have Hurn I wouldn't be getting Swallow now. Michie you could trade as a corrective trade, it's the Pav to Swallow bit that's sideways.

sya87

yeah fair enough. I guess I just think swallow has more chance of being top 6 in his position than pav does at this stage. I think im going to only do the one trade in the end, suckling to swallow. I am playing 3 rooks on field in the back, so want the third premo in there.

cheers all for the input.