Hodge + Michie

Started by benharris222, April 04, 2014, 09:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benharris222

Backs: S. Mitchell, Hodge, Swallow, J. McVeigh, Webster, L. McDonald.
Bench: Langford, A. Georgiou

Mids: G. Ablett, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Thomas, L. Dunstan, J. Polec, X. Ellis.
Bench:  Langdon, Michie 

Ruck:  A. Sandilands, macintosh
Bench: F. Thurlow, M. King

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Parker, M. Pavlich, D. Hale, S. Higgins.
Bench: Impey, Taylor

Option 1: Hodge -> Jaensch + Michie -> Tyson
Option 2: Hodge -> Zorko + Michie -> Tyson
Option 3: Hodge -> Tyson + keep Michie
Option 4: Keep them both.

I haven't done any trades yet but wouldn't mind having a crack at overall, therefore I think option 2 is the best choice. Let me know any thoughts or advice :).

jeesh

I don't think bringing in Zorko will help your cause towards overall TBH. Having Higgins on the bench would seem a waste. You got 36,500 spare to do Hodge -> Pendles / Daisy -> Tyson?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: jeesh on April 04, 2014, 09:45:04 AM
I don't think bringing in Zorko will help your cause towards overall TBH. Having Higgins on the bench would seem a waste. You got 36,500 spare to do Hodge -> Pendles / Daisy -> Tyson?

excellent trade if you can

benharris222

Quote from: jeesh on April 04, 2014, 09:45:04 AM

That is a great trade, hadn't thought of that! I fall just short on cash, but could bring in selwood.

Do you think that leaves my backs a bit weak though and also cancels out my dpp, which will be valuable in bye rounds.

jeesh

Quote from: benharris222 on April 04, 2014, 09:15:37 AM
Backs: S. Mitchell, Langdon, Swallow, J. McVeigh, Webster, L. McDonald.

Mids: G. Ablett, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Tyson, L. Dunstan, J. Polec, J. Selwood.
Bench:  X. Ellis, Michie 

Forwards: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Parker, M. Pavlich, D. Hale, S. Higgins.

I reckon your back line still looks alright to me and it leaves you with a boss midfield. I'm holding onto Hodge and have exactly the same rookies and only 3 premiums and 1 midpricer so this week I've got to field 3 of Georgiou, Old Mac, Langdon and Langford. Once Hodge is back I'll be in the same boat of fielding 2 rookies each week down back and don't have a problem with it. In regards to losing your DPP link KK could ton up this week and be the flavour of the week so you could trade Michie -> KK although you wouldn't have the cash but just an example of how there will be opportunities.

benharris222

Quote from: jeesh on April 04, 2014, 10:02:57 AM
Quote from: benharris222 on April 04, 2014, 09:15:37 AM
Backs: S. Mitchell, Langdon, Swallow, J. McVeigh, Webster, L. McDonald.

Mids: G. Ablett, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, D. Tyson, L. Dunstan, J. Polec, J. Selwood.
Bench:  X. Ellis, Michie 

I reckon your back line still looks alright to me and it leaves you with a boss midfield. I'm holding onto Hodge and have exactly the same rookies and only 3 premiums and 1 midpricer so this week I've got to field 3 of Georgiou, Old Mac, Langdon and Langford. Once Hodge is back I'll be in the same boat of fielding 2 rookies each week down back and don't have a problem with it.

It does look alright, only problem is with the round 8 bye. Selwood, ablett, beams.

I want to get selwood in eventually, but was hoping to wait until after his bye. Also, being a Carlton fan I'm hoping that dale Thomas starts to play better. I really like the look of this trade though!

GCSkiwi

a lot of people have 3 round 8 bye mids - between GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Cotchin and Jelwood I'd be amazed if any teams didn't have 2 or 3 of them. 4 is pushing it...

Ricochet

Michie to Tyson is a must but I strongly suggest against going Hodge to another midfielder. Your backline will be extremely weak with 2 rookies on the field and Webster. Hold Hodge. It will only be a 1-2 week injury

benharris222

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 10:40:58 AM
Michie to Tyson is a must but I strongly suggest against going Hodge to another midfielder. Your backline will be extremely weak with 2 rookies on the field and Webster. Hold Hodge. It will only be a 1-2 week injury

That's what I was worried about. I need to generate cash for Tyson though, only have 10k in the bank. Any ideas?

Ricochet

Quote from: benharris222 on April 04, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

That's what I was worried about. I need to generate cash for Tyson though, only have 10k in the bank. Any ideas?
Yeh look at Jaensch man

benharris222

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 11:00:20 AM
Quote from: benharris222 on April 04, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

Yeh look at Jaensch man

I've gone hodge to Jaensch and Michie to Tyson. Team looks better now :).

djtranny

Why are you getting rid of Hodge? I assume the reason you put him in is because you believe he is a premium? Don't trade out premiums unless they are injured for more than a couple weeks.

jeesh

I think Hodge -> Selwood would have been better personally. By going with the unproven Jaensch you are down a keeper.

Knowall

Quote from: djtranny on April 04, 2014, 04:25:48 PM
Why are you getting rid of Hodge? I assume the reason you put him in is because you believe he is a premium? Don't trade out premiums unless they are injured for more than a couple weeks.
Seems like the type of injury that could linger and be more than a couple of weeks.  Sometimes its best to cut your losses early

AaronKirk

Keep Hodge for now. If you can go Michie to Tyson go for it.