Even though he has been named, will Tom Hickey play this week?

Started by ben_020285, April 04, 2014, 07:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

The reason I am asking is this:

I am planning on trading Suckling for Swallow and Michie for M. Thomas. The problem is though that I would have to do both these trades before the final teams are announced for the Eagles v Saints game. I have Thurlow and King on my ruck bench so if Hickey is a late out then I will be eating a big fat donut.

Alan Richardson has said that he's been battling a bit of 'general soreness' and he definitely hurt his toe against the Giants last week. The other worrying thing is that Longer has been named as an emergency and has flown to Perth although they might end up bringing Longer in for a shorter player as the Eagles are obviously the tallest team in the comp.

I know it's a long shot but do any Saints fans or anybody else have any idea whether Hickey is right to play and won't be a late withdrawal?

Cheers.

RaisyDaisy

I don't think your going to get any solid answer that you can bank mate

If only you had Currie or Derickx instead of Thurlow :(

Might just have to roll the dice and hope he plays, or pass on one of your planned trades and trade Thurlow to Currie/Derickx

That's all you can really do

Blues Blues Blues

Ricochet

jfitty

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Hampson > Hickey trade, and I'm pretty confident he will play.

The only reason they would bring Longer in I'd say is to use as a second ruck, not to replace Hickey, since they are up against Cox, Naitanui and Sinclair.

However, the Saints have said they prefer the Hickey/Stanley combo, so even if Longer plays this week I don't think it will be a permanent setup.

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 11:08:13 AM
I'd just hold on Suckling just in case tbh.

Definitely going to do the Suckling to Swallow trade. If I wasn't going to do one of them it would be the Michie to M Thomas trade.

Ricochet

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 04, 2014, 11:36:48 AM

Definitely going to do the Suckling to Swallow trade. If I wasn't going to do one of them it would be the Michie to M Thomas trade.
Why? Suckers is still going to make you cash. MThomas is very important. If he scores only an 80 he will make you 80k this week alone.

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 11:47:05 AM
Quote from: ben_020285 on April 04, 2014, 11:36:48 AM

Why? Suckers is still going to make you cash. MThomas is very important. If he scores only an 80 he will make you 80k this week alone.

Because Suckling won't be a keeper whereas Swallow will and I won't be able to afford Swallow after this week as he is going to have a massive price increase. Essentially I would like to get both Swallow and M Thomas this week but at least if I don't go for M Thomas this week, I can trade out Michie for Josh Kelly, Dylan Buckley or Matt Crouch on the bubble.

tor01doc

$126K vs $76K price rise over the next 2 weeks.

It's Thomas you can't afford to MISS.

PICCOLLO

suckling to swallow is pretty iffy at this stage.
Suckling has avg 90 in a season before. Swallow has played two games.

Ricochet

Quote from: tor01doc on April 04, 2014, 12:16:23 PM

This mate.

ben_020285

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 12:24:03 PM

This mate.

You're both missing the point. Irregardless of their price rises, it's Swallow that I want in my side more than I want M Thomas. If I don't get M Thomas this week then I won't be getting him at all so the amount that he increases after this week is irrelevant to me. I might just run the gauntlet and grab both this week.

Bully

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 04, 2014, 02:38:41 PM

This mate.

You're both missing the point. Irregardless of their price rises, it's Swallow that I want in my side more than I want M Thomas. If I don't get M Thomas this week then I won't be getting him at all so the amount that he increases after this week is irrelevant to me. I might just run the gauntlet and grab both this week.

Grab both if you can but I agree that Swallow is the better option given he's likely to be a keeper.

Ricochet

Is he though? Its only been two games and he started last year in a similar fashion

tkringle

This mate.

Doesn't it depend on whether you think Swallow is a keeper..? if so, you would go with the swallow trade as whilst the price rise might be a little less ($50K over next two using the above figures) it costs you one less trade as Thomas wont be a keeper..