Need Your Help Please!

Started by RaisyDaisy, April 03, 2014, 10:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I've been staring at my team for the past hour and I cannot think of what trades I should go with

Mitchell, Hibberd, Simpson, Enright, Suckling, LMac (Langford, Langdon)

Ablett, Pendles, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Ellis, Dunstan (Michie, Taylor)

Hickey, Sandi (Currie, King)

Danger, Dusty, Titch, Pav, Caddy, Higgins (Impey, JKH)

17k in bank

What the hell do I do?

JKH out. Taylor to fwd, Langdon to mid. Georgiou IN is one option (Would rather Georgiou over Ambrose because Taylor in fwd bench is better and back rookies are solid so Georgiou at D8 is fine) and Michie to Buckley (Yes it's early but gives me 2 trades next week instead of doing it next week)

Suckling to Georgiou then either Caddy to Zorko or Michie to Thomas is another option

I have no idea what to do here. I have Buckley/Crouch on my radar too so one of them could replace Michie if he doesn't return next week

Do I need to keep Suckling, Caddy and Higgins? I started with them because of their JS and lack of rookies with good JS, but they seem to 70odd scorers, so is a prem and rookie better than 2 of these mid pricers?

Help!

I'm doing suckling to georgiou & Michie to Thomas.... Bang.... done.....and pocket $200,000 for an upgrade to a fallen premium
I agree with you, take advantage of the rookies in the backline with reasoable JS  ;)
Zorko is very tempting though...

Blues Blues Blues

Yeah, suckling to Georgiu and Michie to Thomas looks solid RD

vmac66

Bully

I think you need to get in one of the big movers this week, either Zorko or Thomas. That effectively means bringing in Georgiou for Suckling, you'll make 200k, some of which can be used this week, and the rest will come in handy no doubt. Out of Zorko or Thomas, I'd probably just get rid of the dead wood and evict Michie, he's not earning you cash so the trade is essential anyway. You'll pocket between 70-90k for the week and in reality, you're not losing pace with Zorko given Caddy will go up a modest 20k in his own right. He may even surprise by knocking out a ton, you never know.

Ramus

I know Georgiou is set to spike in price this week, but your backline looks good man. If anything I would like to see Swallow for Suckling!

All your mid rooks are sweet, wait for them to fatten up there (Michie there for the VC loophole).

Caddy or Higgins for Ambrose will raise capital for future trades.

Your team is so well balanced and not in need of change due to injury it is hard to nail the ideal trades, but I know you are itching to improve it somehow. Let us know what you end up doing! ;D

RaisyDaisy

Thanks guys

Yeah the more I think about it the more I think I just don't need Suckling. He will score 70+ most weeks, which the def rookies could match, and even if they do score marginally less that's OK

I think 1 of Caddy or Higgins could go as well, and I would just get rid of Caddy as they will score similar but he is 70k more.

I think Caddy and Higgins are fine, but if I can get a premo in to replace them then I might as well go for it

Caddy to Swallow via DPP and Suckling to Georgiou, or Suckling to Georgiou and Caddy to Zorko are two options I have, or is Michie to Thomas a better option? I think Swallow or Zorko are better options as they are keepers, where as Thomas isnt

Next week JKH or Michie to Buckley most likely would be one trade

Thoughts? Any other ideas anyone has?

Bully

All options are solid and the keeper argument is a strong one, Swallow vs Zorko? Tough one, Zorko will have a 160 in his rolling average for the next 2 weeks, that might be the determining factor if you're planning on getting him in the near future.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah Thomas is just a cash cow, and I reckon Michie to Buckley or Crouch next week will be just as good so I am going to pass on Thomas

Suckling to Georgiou is more or less locked, which means I would field LMac and Langford/Langdon at D5/6/7 and Georgiou D8

Now, if I get rid of Caddy, I can bring Taylor from mids to fwd, Langdon to M10 and Swallow to D5 meaning my backs are super strong with 5 premo's and LMac and a DEF/MID DPP link opened up, but this means I need to now field Higgins at F5, Taylor at F6 with Impey and JKH n bench

But Caddy to Zorko means I have the super strong fwds, keep the MID/FWD link and Higgins at D6, then next week Michie or JKH via Taylor to Buckley or Crouch would be the go, and with Zorko in I have 4 good rookie defenders to field 2 spots

Looks like Suckling to Georgiou and Caddy to Zorko is the way to go

Ramus

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2014, 10:37:14 PM
Yeah Thomas is just a cash cow, and I reckon Michie to Buckley or Crouch next week will be just as good so I am going to pass on Thomas

Suckling to Georgiou is more or less locked, which means I would field LMac and Langford/Langdon at D5/6/7 and Georgiou D8

Now, if I get rid of Caddy, I can bring Taylor from mids to fwd, Langdon to M10 and Swallow to D5 meaning my backs are super strong with 5 premo's and LMac and a DEF/MID DPP link opened up, but this means I need to now field Higgins at F5, Taylor at F6 with Impey and JKH n bench

But Caddy to Zorko means I have the super strong fwds, keep the MID/FWD link and Higgins at D6, then next week Michie or JKH via Taylor to Buckley or Crouch would be the go, and with Zorko in I have 4 good rookie defenders to field 2 spots

Looks like Suckling to Georgiou and Caddy to Zorko is the way to go

RD, I went Pittard to Georgiou and Rohan to Zorko this week, think it is worth it from two aspects. Trading mediocrity for a cash cow on the bubble, and a little dynamo who is on fire (hoping he continues his trailblazing ways!) Live by the sword or die by it!

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
I'm insane so I'd go Libba to Thomas, sideways backwards even though on face value Thomas is outscoring him. Then Pavlich to Zorko. Two correctional trades but you get two players you want with plenty left over for next time. Sometimes you have to do something stupid to get somewhere. I've done similar this week but with different players. Best of luck whichever way mate.    ::)

RaisyDaisy

LOL Sabre you are too crazy for me!

Suckling to Georgiou is done, and Caddy to Zorko is 99%, but Pav is on notice. I love Pav, and I never sideways premiums BUT, I will forgive him for rd1 kicking 1.4, and it was wet last week, so this week it's his last chance. Freo don't rely on him like they used to. His still a gun, but if he keeps scoring 70-80 it will cost me too much and I wont hesitate turning him into Swallow next week

I could do Pav to Zorko this week and avoid his price drop, and get Caddy's price rise, but for the sake of 20-30k I will give Pav one last chance (Just hope he doesn't spud up and Caddy goes huge!)

Bully

Caddy to Zorko was one of my planned trades until the Michie/Hampson fiasco, I say go for it, with the 160 in his rolling average he'll nudge 600k if he tons up again.

RaisyDaisy

Do I give Pav one more chance or trade him to Zorko? Or Caddy to Zorko?

Don't have a good feeling about Pav, think his days of averaging 95+ might be passed him

Sabretooth Tigers

::) ;D :D :) :-[ :-\ :o ::)
Will tell you how it goes next week RD. Just might not be as crazy as I sound, possibly more so  or ?   ;)