Advice on which trades I should do this week

Started by Judd Magic, April 03, 2014, 09:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd Magic

Hi guys,

What's everyone think are the best trade options for my team this week?

So far I have thought of going with one or more of these trades -

Mitchie > M.Thomas
Leuenburger > Mumford
Roughead > Zorko
Enright > Swallow

Here's my current team with $111,300 in the bank.

B - Mitchell, McVeigh, Enright, Webster, McDonald, Langdon (Georgiou, Langford)
M - Ablett, Watson, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Polec, X.Ellis, Dunstan (Mitchie, Taylor)
R - Leuenburger, Sandilands (Currie, King)
F - Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Wingard, Caddy, Higigns (Rohan, Ambrose)

Appreciate everyones comments in advance.  ;)

Bully

Michie to Thomas should be the first priority, you'll earn up to 90k in a week and you won't have a big spud sitting on your bench indefinitely.

The other trades look pretty sideways to me but if I had to choose I'd jump on Mumford given he's playing Melbourne and is projected to rise by 60k.

HotTiges

haha JM at it again man..

yeah I considering Leun to Mumford as my sideways / out of form trade as well..

also have Michie but like you, warming the bench.. if I considered  Thomas, who am I going to bench then.. same rooks as you.. Dunsten perhaps? tough one. Think Rough and Enright will be fine man, don't stress about those 2

Ramus

The obvious one is Mitchie as he has been dropped, but I don't think you should be trading the other three premiums though. If I had to pick one of them it would be.....na, none of them. I traded Pittard for Georgiou and Rohan to Zorko, flicking mediocrity for a cash cow and someone I should have picked to start with.

Your team looks good, hold fire until your rooks are ripe for the picking, unless you really have to trade for injury.

Good luck man.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2014, 09:37:18 PM
Michie to Thomas should be the first priority, you'll earn up to 90k in a week and you won't have a big spud sitting on your bench indefinitely.

The other trades look pretty sideways to me but if I had to choose I'd jump on Mumford given he's playing Melbourne and is projected to rise by 60k.

Thanks Bully.

Yeah think I'll go Michie > M.Thomas and Leuenburger > Mummford.

Still have $61,000 in the kitty after those two trades.

Guess I can give Roughead one more chance but if he spuds it up again and Zorko kills it again I will be mighty tempted to go Roughead > Zorko next week.

Guess the smart thing by doing the above two trades like you suggested is that it also gives me one more week of looking at Zorko to see if he's the real deal or not and how he will back up last week with Rockcliff back in the team.  ;)

Judd Magic

Quote from: HotTiges on April 03, 2014, 09:42:21 PM
haha JM at it again man..

yeah I considering Leun to Mumford as my sideways / out of form trade as well..

also have Michie but like you, warming the bench.. if I considered  Thomas, who am I going to bench then.. same rooks as you.. Dunsten perhaps? tough one. Think Rough and Enright will be fine man, don't stress about those 2

LOL!

You know I can't help myself with trading mate. Its the best thing about this game IMO.  ;D

I reckon Dunstan to the bench as your emergency if you were going to do the M.Thomas trade.

That's what I'm going to do.  8)

Will stick with Enright but man I really want Swallow. LOL!

Going to give Roughead one more chance I reckon. If he spuds it up again this week and Zorko kills it again I will not hesitate to go Roughead > Zorko next week.

Cheers.  ;)

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ramus on April 03, 2014, 09:44:00 PM
The obvious one is Mitchie as he has been dropped, but I don't think you should be trading the other three premiums though. If I had to pick one of them it would be.....na, none of them. I traded Pittard for Georgiou and Rohan to Zorko, flicking mediocrity for a cash cow and someone I should have picked to start with.

Your team looks good, hold fire until your rooks are ripe for the picking, unless you really have to trade for injury.

Good luck man.

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice.  :D

Nice trades that you have done too, like them alot.

I am almost hoping Roughead spuds it up again this week but not in the form of another 49 sc and Zorko kills it again so it gives me an excuse to go Roughead > Zorko next week. LOL!

Ramus

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 03, 2014, 09:54:56 PM

Good luck man.

I am almost hoping Roughead spuds it up again this week but not in the form of another 49 sc and Zorko kills it again so it gives me an excuse to go Roughead > Zorko next week. LOL!

No probs.

Looking at your previous reply to HT, I see you are a fan of trading, as am I!!! ;D So it is hard for me to tell you to keep your gunpowder dry, but I don't see enough value in any of the three premium trades you put forward. Don't let that dissuade you from finding another way to TRADE!!!

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ramus on April 03, 2014, 10:00:32 PM

Good luck man.

No probs.

Looking at your previous reply to HT, I see you are a fan of trading, as am I!!! ;D So it is hard for me to tell you to keep your gunpowder dry, but I don't see enough value in any of the three premium trades you put forward. Don't let that dissuade you from finding another way to TRADE!!!

Yeah have to admit mate I am a major trading addict.  ;D

I think there's merit in trading Leuenburger > Mumford. Just can't see Burger getting 100's every week with West in the team. Something just doesn't look right about him too.

Ramus

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 03, 2014, 10:05:16 PM

Good luck man.

No probs.

I think there's merit in trading Leuenburger > Mumford. Just can't see Burger getting 100's every week with West in the team. Something just doesn't look right about him too.

When I wrote my first reply, that was the trade I picked before baulking and not offering a selection. Mummy looks good, somehow dominating even with Giles in the team?

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ramus on April 03, 2014, 10:12:23 PM
Quote from: Judd Magic on April 03, 2014, 10:05:16 PM

Good luck man.

No probs.

When I wrote my first reply, that was the trade I picked before baulking and not offering a selection. Mummy looks good, somehow dominating even with Giles in the team?

Yeah think Mummys in for a big year.

Time to jump on I reckon.  :D

Ramus

Lock it in and rip the knob off ;D (old radio station slogan!)

Judd Magic

Quote from: Ramus on April 03, 2014, 10:22:13 PM

I have to throw my mouse out the window now so I can't trade anymore this week.  ;D

HotTiges

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 03, 2014, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Ramus on April 03, 2014, 10:22:13 PM

I have to throw my mouse out the window now so I can't trade anymore this week.  ;D

keyboard shortcuts  8)

frogjumper

Yep please waste a trade doing Luey to Mumford.

You picked luey for a reason and jump off after 2 weeks. Its surprising how so many people get burnt doing this.