Major conumdrum, let the masses speak.

Started by Bully, April 03, 2014, 08:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

I'm in an absolute bind at the moment, with Hampson out I only have Currie as cover which scares me senseless. Reports coming from Richmond state that Hampson has a minor knee injury so shouldn't be sidelined for too long, but in saying that, even 1 week of Currie could see me lose up to 100 points for the week, even worse if Hampson is out for more.

On the other side of the ledger I have Michie who looks to be a dead weight, having seen him play I can fully understand why he's been dropped. With Viney back and along with other more experienced types, he could be on the sidelines indefinitely. I feel that by bringing in Thomas I'll shore up my midfield for the short term and enjoy some handy price rises. By the way, I already have Crouch so downgrading to him simply isn't an option.

Please help, any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Doggoneit

assuming if you trade Hampson you want to trade to a keeper

otherwise Hickey is in line for a big price rise

Bully

Quote from: Doggoneit on April 03, 2014, 08:35:46 PM
assuming if you trade Hampson you want to trade to a keeper

otherwise Hickey is in line for a big price rise

yeah, I'm not going to bother with another injury prone mid pricer, for me it's either Mummy or Thomas.

RaisyDaisy

Keep Hampson Bully. Currie will be fine. If Currie goes 60+ it is well worth it, because who knows, Hampson might not have scored that well vs Minson anyway, so your not losing much points there

Michie to Thomas makes the most sense for you. I think I will keep Michie this week, because I just don't have the funds to get Thomas unless I downgrade Suckling, and I don't have Crouch or Buckley, so if Michie doesn't get back soon I will trade him to one of those guys in the next week or two

(Or do I downgrade Suckling to Georgiou and upgrade Michie to Thomas? Sorry to hijack your thread!)

Dayze

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2014, 08:38:23 PM
Keep Hampson Bully. Currie will be fine. If Currie goes 60+ it is well worth it, because who knows, Hampson might not have scored that well vs Minson anyway, so your not losing much points there

Michie to Thomas makes the most sense for you. I think I will keep Michie this week, because I just don't have the funds to get Thomas unless I downgrade Suckling, and I don't have Crouch or Buckley, so if Michie doesn't get back soon I will trade him to one of those guys in the next week or two

(Or do I downgrade Suckling to Georgiou and upgrade Michie to Thomas? Sorry to hijack your thread!)
agreed. I have Michie but there is a couple of mids on the horizon who should score well. Kelly, crouch and Buckley are all good options so I think u can hold off on that one for now.
Hampson was in for a nice price rise u mite regret it if he is only out for one?
Hampson to Mummy is the trade I would favour.

Bully

yeah, I guess you're right, I just feel my season is slowly slipping away and I suspect Mummy will tear Melbourne a new one. Week 1 I'm in the top 1000, week 2 I have 3 players subbed out with injury and I find myself ranked 13000, week 3, who knows, but everything seems to be falling to pieces.

But I'll probably just ride my luck with Currie and hope for the best, I just hope to god he doesn't do a Rohan on me. 

Bully

Quote from: Dayze on April 03, 2014, 08:45:40 PM

agreed. I have Michie but there is a couple of mids on the horizon who should score well. Kelly, crouch and Buckley are all good options so I think u can hold off on that one for now.
Hampson was in for a nice price rise u mite regret it if he is only out for one?
Hampson to Mummy is the trade I would favour.

How many games has Buckley played?

RaisyDaisy

Just the one, looked very good and scored 86, which is why I am going to keep Michie for now and hope he or Crouch is a better option than Cunningham who is on the bubble this week

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2014, 08:53:20 PM
Just the one, looked very good and scored 86, which is why I am going to keep Michie for now and hope he or Crouch is a better option than Cunningham who is on the bubble this week

So if I plan to go to Buckley in 2 weeks, would the Mummy trade make more sense?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2014, 08:57:25 PM
So if I plan to go to Buckley in 2 weeks, would the Mummy trade make more sense?

Buckley will be on the bubble next week

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 03, 2014, 09:01:03 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2014, 08:57:25 PM

Buckley will be on the bubble next week

Hmm, I just checked the projected price rises and Mummy will go up by 60k, Hampson by 50k when he eventually returns and Thomas will go up by 90k.

So from a money perspective, it would be better to just bring in Thomas. It will mean taking a significant hit with the points this week but Raisy you do have a point, Hampson would probably have struggled against Minson anyway. I think I'll just bring in Thomas and hope for the best with Currie. A score of 65 would be good, I just hope he doesn't cop the sub vest otherwise it will be season well and truly over.