Suckling to swallow

Started by tigertops, April 03, 2014, 08:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigertops

Is it worth trading suck to swallow.  Looks like swallow will be a prem d5 d6 def this year so with this trade I get him in before he skyrockets.
Or wait till suckers goes up and get a proper fallen premo.
I have mcveigh Mitch and Hanley already.
Gotta trade Rohan to Ambrose to do It also which I'm not fussed by.

Thanks guys.

poolboybob

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man.

tigertops

Quote from: poolboybob on April 03, 2014, 08:08:05 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap, young man.
Lol. Didn't realise  this would be so amusing. 

GoLions

Personally I wouldn't do it. Suckling will still make cash to be used as a stepping stone to a fallen premium, and Rohan will also make a bit of cash and has great JS so will be good bench cover for however long you keep him. Don't think these moves are worth the 2 trades.

tigertops

How about suckling to swallow via michie to l Taylor (cash)
This gives me a prem and a rookie who will rise and dpp

roti

It's not the worst idea really if you see Swallow as a top 10 defender who will be a keeper.

It's an 120k upgrade, so if you leave Suckling and let him go up to 400k, you'd need to find someone under 520k to do any better

scumbag

Quote from: roti on April 04, 2014, 12:19:04 AM
It's not the worst idea really if you see Swallow as a top 10 defender who will be a keeper.

It's an 120k upgrade, so if you leave Suckling and let him go up to 400k, you'd need to find someone under 520k to do any better

+1
i would do it because imo swallow easily top 10 defender as he is playing the midfield role

sya87

I have this trade locked in. I see it as somewhat sideways but having nailed all of the rooks, and avoiding injury/suspension concerns; Ive convinced myself it is worth the risk. I don't know if suckling will appreciate enough: im leaning more towards no...

tkringle

Quote from: sya87 on April 04, 2014, 09:02:45 AM
I have this trade locked in. I see it as somewhat sideways but having nailed all of the rooks, and avoiding injury/suspension concerns; Ive convinced myself it is worth the risk. I don't know if suckling will appreciate enough: im leaning more towards no...

Its not sideways if you think Swallow can average 95-100

ben_020285

You would be turning a stepping stone into a keeper for just 117k which I think is definitely worth it. Pull the trigger.

Ricochet

Swallow was picked as a cash generator. You need to let him do his job.
If you start upgrading early you will run out of cash and trades

Ringo

If you have your rookies sorted out then I would do it.  Swallow has a negative BE and Suckling a small positive B/e which both will achieve so Swallow will rise more than suckling so the gap will get wider so better to do it now whilst only $120k as effectively you may be gaining another keeper.

enzedder

I was keen on Swallow to Suckling earlier in the week but have since cooled on the idea. Swallow appears a must have and Suckling is a stepping stone. By pulling the trigger now you are setting yourself up for the rest of the year. Not a bad trade at all IMO.
Only reason I'm not is because everyone of my defenders is playing and I've decided to do something about Michie instead.

tkringle

Quote from: enzedder on April 04, 2014, 02:31:52 PM
I was keen on Swallow to Suckling earlier in the week but have since cooled on the idea..

:o glad you cooled on the idea!

AaronKirk

As long as you have your rookies sorted and no injured players to sort out I'd say go for it. 117k to go from a stepping stone to a keeper is worth the trade and the points.