JKH Abrose or Taylor?

Started by ubeaut, April 03, 2014, 01:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

I reckon with Bewick out it increase the chance Taylor will start with the vest again :-\

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 04, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
I reckon with Bewick out it increase the chance Taylor will start with the vest again :-\

this is what worries me.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 04, 2014, 11:45:47 AM
no it helps Gleeson not Ambrose

Ambrose will play until Belly is back

no idea how long Belly is out for...

this is where the problem lies. will Ambrose play long enough and make enough cash before I give him the boot?

QuoteESSENDON could be forced to put Tom Bellchambers on the long term injury list in a bid to solve a looming ruck crisis.

it's not letting me quote what else Bomber said for some reason

basically said Belly is "probably" in doubt next weekend.

should I just stick with Taylor?  :-\

ubeaut

Yes but he could be back soon ? Or is he going on the LTI list? I'm confused hearing different things. Is there anyone at Brisbane waiting to take Taylor's spot? We just need the best JS really.

AaronKirk

Quote from: ubeaut on April 04, 2014, 02:59:54 PM

Yes but he could be back soon ? Is there anyone at Brisbane waiting to take Taylor's spot? We just need the best JS really.

Belly would in an absolute best case scenario play Anzac Day.  He is listed on the AFL website to being another 4-6 weeks away. Ruckmen with injuries to their feet, knees or ankles will be treated very cautiously before they come back to play.  The most likely scenario is that he is still 6-8 weeks away.

crowls

Quote from: Ricochet on April 03, 2014, 06:00:54 PM
Facing the same dilemma with Ambrose v Taylor. Think Ambrose is pretty safe in terms of JS with Belly still out.

really,  I am essenden supporter and watched the games.   Ambrose is on same level as close at Brisbane.  Big tall dorky bugger that will take 2-3 seasons to learn the game.    Was about to get red vested when Ryder went down.
No long term JS,  winderlich and others to come back.

Taylor better option and more flexibilty

Ricochet

Really? From all reports and articles I have read and seen of Bomber's press conferences they rate him very highly especially his athletic ability and speed. Melksham and Winderlich has been added to the squad this week and the bench is Patrick Ambrose, Jason Ashby, Martin Gleeson, Elliott Kavanagh, Jake Melksham, Leroy Jetta, Kyle Hardingham with 3 to be omitted. Surely Jetta, Ashby and Kavanagh are all on the chopping block before Ambrose? I guess we'll know soon enough this afternoon though

AaronKirk

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 03:27:00 PM
Really? From all reports and articles I have read and seen of Bomber's press conferences they rate him very highly especially his athletic ability and speed. Melksham and Winderlich has been added to the squad this week and the bench is Patrick Ambrose, Jason Ashby, Martin Gleeson, Elliott Kavanagh, Jake Melksham, Leroy Jetta, Kyle Hardingham with 3 to be omitted. Surely Jetta, Ashby and Kavanagh are all on the chopping block before Ambrose? I guess we'll know soon enough this afternoon though

As an Essendon supporter I'd be shocked if we dropped Ambrose. Very similar in build and athleticism to Crameri. Brendon Goddard reckons he is the fittest player he has EVER played with during his career. Bomber was huge in his appraisal of Ambrose in both press conferences. We need another tall/ mid sized player to play forward with Daniher and Carlisle while Belly is out.

Melksham comes in for Merrett, Winderlich this week would come in for Ryder. Gleeson likely to be sub with Jetta, Kavanagh and Ashby omitted IMO.

Ricochet

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 04, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

As an Essendon supporter I'd be shocked if we dropped Ambrose. Very similar in build and athleticism to Crameri. Brendon Goddard reckons he is the fittest player he has EVER played with during his career. Bomber was huge in his appraisal of Ambrose in both press conferences. We need another tall/ mid sized player to play forward with Daniher and Carlisle while Belly is out.

Melksham comes in for Merrett, Winderlich this week would come in for Ryder. Gleeson likely to be sub with Jetta, Kavanagh and Ashby omitted IMO.
Apparently crowls disagrees. At least we'll know before lockout

Vinny

From what I've read you are getting a forward and Matt Thomas Ric. Are you actually holding onto Hurn despite it being 4 weeks or waiting a week?

ubeaut

What about next week when Ryder comes back? Who goes out then?

AaronKirk

Quote from: ubeaut on April 04, 2014, 03:53:37 PM

What about next week when Ryder comes back? Who goes out then?

Not Ambrose. I don't think Bomber wants to change the structure. Once Belly comes back we will have Carlisle, Daniher and Belly/Ryder forward structure. So with Ryder back next week we will have Carlisle, Ambrose and Daniher/Ryder structure.

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on April 04, 2014, 03:50:39 PM
From what I've read you are getting a forward and Matt Thomas Ric. Are you actually holding onto Hurn despite it being 4 weeks or waiting a week?
Ambrose was on the cards before Michie was out man. Now I'm loopholing Langford tonight.
I'm putting both Langford and Hurn on the bench. If Langford kills it I'll put Hurn on the field and loophole Langfords score. Then go McDonough to Ambrose.

If he struggles I'll go Hurn to a premo after the game and then next week look at McDonough to Fasolo or even Bock is coming through (playing in the 2s this week)

Southstorm

Bellchambers underwent surgery in the third week of January so between now and then, there's 12 weeks already passed. No set backs, no complications, no reported trouble; he's not far away.

Ambrose is on borrowed time. If you had him from the start, nice pick. If you don't have him now, I wouldn't bother wasting a trade for what could be $100k.

ubeaut

Anyone have any concrete info on when Bellchambers is back?

dmac07

Quote from: Ricochet on April 03, 2014, 06:00:54 PM
Facing the same dilemma with Ambrose v Taylor. Think Ambrose is pretty safe in terms of JS with Belly still out.

Facing the same question, but is it worth trading jkh to one of these? Or do I just use the one corrective trade and save a trade early?

I see a lot of people talking up Taylor, but he got a 7 as sub and a 60s score playing a full game, is he really that great a prospect?