what to do with Nathan Fyfe

Started by lukebomber, April 03, 2014, 01:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukebomber

With Nathan Fyfe out for the next two I'm weighing up my options with what to do with him, leaning towards keeping him as I have fairly decent cover in Dunstan and Aish, but wondering whether I should swap him to another premo to make up the points I'm set to lose? So far i've traded Hurn -> Swallow which has freed up 60k 

MC

Keep for leagues, trade for overall. Can't afford a 600k (super?) prem out for 2 rounds if going for overall imo. Especially if you haven't traded yet.

E-Lemon_ator

Has to go if your going for high overall ranking.
If you are just in it for a league win, depends on if you have bench cover

lukebomber

Well preferably I would trade him to selwood but I'm 4K short  :( So  I think it might be a straight swap to watson or possibly Fyfe to zorko this week and then Caddy to Marc Murphy next 

GCSkiwi

Even if going for overall he's only out for 2 weeks... No one can afford to trade every time someone is out for 2 weeks. Especially as it's a suspension, not a minor injury which could get worse. He'll be back and have some making up to do. If Ablett was suspended for 2 weeks would you trade him? Pendles?

Bully

I don't see a problem in downgrading Fyfe if it builds up the bank balance. Thomas & Murphy seem like reasonable options if the money is used to to bring in a Zorko or Swallow.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2014, 01:41:16 PM
I don't see a problem in downgrading Fyfe if it builds up the bank balance. Thomas & Murphy seem like reasonable options if the money is used to to bring in a Zorko or Swallow.

The "if" word is critical. I would only downgrade him to a lesser-priced premo- which most would agree should be M.Murphy- if you then have enough cash to upgrade a rookie to Zorko or Swallow.

If not IMO you should keep Fyfe and make sure you have the best rookies in the midfield to cover for Fyfe for the next 2 weeks.

fever

Quote from: MC on April 03, 2014, 01:06:25 PM
Keep for leagues, trade for overall.

this

you would want to be pretty close to the top to consider trading him imo