Requesting Assistance

Started by mzunguman, April 03, 2014, 10:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzunguman

As like many, I've been ravaged my the injury big that seems to be infecting us.
My first trade is Hurn to Swallow and that is just about set in stone (other option is to jaensch but don't like his JS)
And I've now got $77,000 in the bank
My second trade was the Injured Barlow to Selwood ($10K short of Pendlebury), or I can pick up M.Murphy and bank a nice $150,000 odd for next week upgrading which IMO is going to be needed but can Murph sustain the form we know he is capable of.

Please leave a vote or even some feedback if you want  :)

E-Lemon_ator

Hurn - Swallow is a no brainer. However everyone who has Hurn will be making this trade so there is no POD here
Barlow - Selwood or Murphy is not as clear cut IMO. Sel is the better proven scorer, but Murph has started well and as you said is $150k cheaper.  Player alone I would lock in Selwood every day of the week but on this occasion I would prob go for Murphy + 150k  and use the 150k elsewhere

Ricochet

Barlow to MMurphy is easy mate. Jump on. Underpriced and a proven scorer.

Keeper27

Quote from: E-Lemon_ator on April 03, 2014, 10:58:57 AM
Hurn - Swallow is a no brainer. However everyone who has Hurn will be making this trade so there is no POD here
Barlow - Selwood or Murphy is not as clear cut IMO. Sel is the better proven scorer, but Murph has started well and as you said is $150k cheaper.  Player alone I would lock in Selwood every day of the week but on this occasion I would prob go for Murphy + 150k  and use the 150k elsewhere

i actually agree with this.
all seem good trades, but Hurn/Barlow to Swallow/Murphy.

Woppa15

Hurn to Swallow
And
Barlow to either Selwood or Pendles - can't go wron with either.

I have Pendles so would personally go Selwood. But a lot of people will say Pendles is a must and if you haven't got him get him. But it's not like Selwood isn't in good form or scoring well either.

Just comes down to whoever fits your side best I guess.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Ricochet on April 03, 2014, 11:02:41 AM
Barlow to MMurphy is easy mate. Jump on. Underpriced and a proven scorer.
+1

Definitely go Hurn to Swallow.  Murph a bargain at his price. Jelwood still an upgrade target during the byes IMO.

GCSkiwi

Guessing he can't afford Hurn to Swallow and Barlow to Pendles Woppa, otherwise I think that would be a no brainer.

I'm not a big fan of Murph so my choice would be Swallow and Jelwood, trading out 2 keepers you have to bring in 2 keepers which really means Hurn to Jaensch is a step back. So then Jelwood or Murph + 150k, there's nothing wrong with Murph and he's posted better scores than I was expecting him to, but Jelwood has started like a house on fire... the 150k you're saving on Murph you may end up having to pump in to an upgrade/downgrade to getting Jelwood at bye time! I'd rather have the points Jelwood provides in the interim.

Woppa15

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 03, 2014, 12:25:47 PM
Guessing he can't afford Hurn to Swallow and Barlow to Pendles Woppa, otherwise I think that would be a no brainer.

Haha whoops my bad, what's the saying RTFQ....

Murphy is a decent player but underperforms far too often for my liking.....

RaisyDaisy

Yep, Barlow to Murph is the way to go

Jelwood is an upgrade target after the bye, and 150k in the bank now will be very handy over the next few weeks

nopies4u

if you dont get Pendles in now you never will. He is the most consistent high scorer in the game and has been for 3 years. Just get him, he will be either highest or second highest scoring player again this season.

fever

+1 to the overriding sentiments already expressed

Jroo

Bring in the best.
Hurn to Swallow
Barlow to Jelwood

Goose

Hurn - Swallow is a no brainer

and i like the Barlow - Murphy trade. Underpriced proven Premo that's playing well, not to mention a nice POD

Thewizz71

Quote from: JROO8 on April 03, 2014, 03:33:46 PM
Bring in the best.
Hurn to Swallow
Barlow to Jelwood

I've gone Barlow to jelwood and hurn to murphy by putting lmac back in def. playing 3 back rooks at the moment.
Started with swallow - there goes that very slight POD  :(